Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Source Shot Timer

adweisbe

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micheal, I just installed your latest version on an HTC Hero and it works like a champ for me outdoors. I haven't had a chance to try it at an indoor range yet but we have a Monday night IDPA shoot on the 28th and I'll let you know if it works well in there.

Thank you so much! :cheers:

Hi Michael,

I finally got to try the SDK way of installing the app. When doing "adb install" I get a 'Older SDK' error:

E:\andrsdk\platform-tools>adb install Open_Shot_timer.apk

537 KB/s (103221 bytes in 0.187s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/Open_Shot_timer.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]

Any suggestions? TIA.

Hi Michael,

I finally got to try the SDK way of installing the app. When doing "adb install" I get a 'Older SDK' error:

E:\andrsdk\platform-tools>adb install Open_Shot_timer.apk

537 KB/s (103221 bytes in 0.187s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/Open_Shot_timer.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]

Any suggestions? TIA.

Hi,

could you try this one using the sdk way ? and what anderoid version are you running ?

Michael.

Open Shot Timer.zip

Hi,

could you try this one using the sdk way ? and what anderoid version are you running ?

Michael.

Update: I upgraded the phone to the latest Cyanogen 2.2, and the timer app has installed without a hitch. I will try it at the range today. Thanks for your help!

OK, I tried it at my indoor range. Each shot is registered minimum twice.

Another thing: is it possible to make the signal go off at random, after about 5-10 seconds from the time the button is pressed? This would help tremendously if someone is shooting alone.

Edited by ardo

Another thing: is it possible to make the signal go off at random, after about 5-10 seconds from the time the button is pressed? This would help tremendously if someone is shooting alone.

Ardo if you set your delay to 10 seconds and check the box that says "Random Start 2s" it will give you a delay of up to 10 seconds. There is not a way to make the window of delay 5-10 seconds.

Even at a Sensitivity of 800 you are still getting double entries? I have not had time to get to the range to check it since Michael increased the Sensitivity level. If you are maxed out, from what Michael has said it looks like the Detection Level will have to be increased in the coding.

Ardo if you set your delay to 10 seconds and check the box that says "Random Start 2s" it will give you a delay of up to 10 seconds. There is not a way to make the window of delay 5-10 seconds.

Even at a Sensitivity of 800 you are still getting double entries? I have not had time to get to the range to check it since Michael increased the Sensitivity level. If you are maxed out, from what Michael has said it looks like the Detection Level will have to be increased in the coding.

LOL I'm such a dumb*ss. I didn't know about the options. I had to re-read previous pages to find out about the blue sidebar. blink.gif

Will try again today.

I'am thinking about moving away from the "blue sidebar" and using "normal" Preference as everybody else does....

Michael.

Its cool as long as u now its there, took me a minute also to see it was there, as everything on droid...lol

I'am thinking about moving away from the "blue sidebar" and using "normal" Preference as everybody else does....

Michael.

It probably would be best. It took me a bit to figure out that it was to the side rather than the traditional spot.

On another note. It still is not working indoors. 8 shots = 24 entries. That is with both entries at Max. Ohhh well.

Thanks for dealing with the headaches.

Ray

Michael.

It probably would be best. It took me a bit to figure out that it was to the side rather than the traditional spot.

On another note. It still is not working indoors. 8 shots = 24 entries. That is with both entries at Max. Ohhh well.

Thanks for dealing with the headaches.

Ray

Okay Ray,

note that this is a alpha version with some code changes, it will still show values from 0-800 in settings

but in real life the value is max 8000 so 1 is 100 and so on. :)

Michael.

Open Shot Timer.zip

Michael.

Please do that! Every time I drag the sidebar, I also accidentally move one of the sliders in the preferences.

Michael.

Please do that! Every time I drag the sidebar, I also accidentally move one of the sliders in the preferences.

You can also tap on the blue bar to open/close it.

Michael.

I downloaded it two days ago and used it yesterday, great job, it works like a champ, thanks!

If you're looking for suggestions (I've done a very small amount of programming in my day and you can get tired of good ideas and suggestions very quickly, so if you've stopped reading I understand), I have two.

1. I would get rid of the blue bar and put all of them under the menu or options key like most other android programs use.

2. It would be great if I could keep track of multiple strings of times and then email them all in a bunch. This suggestion is probably more for those who use a timer during practice rather than just for matches.

If you do absolutely nothing you'll still have created a great program and I appreciate it.

Goose

2. It would be great if I could keep track of multiple strings of times and then email them all in a bunch. This suggestion is probably more for those who use a timer during practice rather than just for matches.

Hi there,

there is already an email option built-in but it will only take one session at the time...

Regards

Michael.

• 6 months later...

It been awhile since this app been updated. Michael, have you been working on any new features?

Also, I wonder if you could put your changes into Ariel's source repository on Google code? I'd like to play with some other ideas and could use your changes.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

What's up guys. First post here for me and reviving this thread from a 2+ years slumber.

I searched for a shot timer working on a PC. Didn't find one except here. However the java that has been posted (the very old .jar) worked but... well it was not enough for me. Lots of shot timers exist on smartphones. Many are paying software. As I don't have no smartphone, I ended up creating my own shot timer. I did that stuff in 2 days pretty much. Gotta ask yourself why other people are charging for such a thing...

Anyway I started to convert the Java source code to C#. In the end only the files related to the shot detection were really converted.
Hence, why I post here.

Software will be free, with available sources too. I'd like to release this using the wtfpl license :) I love that license. However part of the code belongs to here, even if it was ported to C#, plus I used some fonts that might not tolerate that license. Oh well.

Merry Christmas:
EzPRUJZ.png

zMjiorm.png

Download there.
Sources there.

This version is not finished yet. I need to create an option screen or something.

But it works :)

EDIT: It was a real pain in the ass to post here. Wow never seen such a forum with so much "barriers" before posting. I struggled literally for one freaking hour battling the rights, "New user" and then "Can't post links" BS errors.

Edited by TacticalFreak