Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Rolling Stones were right...

Gary Stevens

Getting old sucks swamp water. Of course not getting old sucks swamp water worse.

Shot the Kentucky State Multi Gun match on Saturday. Shot my local club match on Sunday. Both days 80's with high humidity. Got leg cramps Sunday night after the match. Ouch :sick:

On the bright side, I still love the sport.

Two things,,,

For the brief time that I was IN04 Mr. Stevens stopped by no less than twice. (looooooong drive) Always remember him and his cheerful suggestions. Certainly made the new guy feel welcome...

I'm no where near as seasoned as the localish hot rods Flex and Blaster, but if I ever sneak towards that stratosphere I wanna be able to shoot like Gary. Heck I wanna be able to shoot like him now!!!

:cheers:

I get cramps whenever I sweat a lot. Even if I drink plenty, I still get them...and it's not just the muscles I use, it is all of them. Once, after 4 or 5 hours of trail riding I couldn't even drive home because every muscle I had was locking up. A friend who does endurance races told me about Endurolytes so I tried them. They work great for me.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/za/HNT?PAGE...7&AMI=10104

Different people take different amounts. For me, when I'm sweating a lot, I take 2 every 15 minutes. When I have been out in the heat for a long time, I also used to lose my focus and it felt like my brain was in a fog. Now, if I take the Endurolytes, I still feel and think sharp.

Besides ordering them online, many bicycle shops stock them. I've never tried the powder that you can mix with water, but I've been told it doesn't taste good.

I probably sound like a commercial, but I have nothing to do with them, I'm just happy that I can do stuff in the heat without suffering the muscles locking up like they used to. If you give them a try, let me know how they work for you.

What I've read/been told about the Endurolytes is that they have a complete set of el;ectrolytes, not just the salts foundin normal salt tablets. I still drink Gatorade, but I do the G2 stuff because it has less sugar. Even drinking Gatorade by the gallon, I still get cramps if I don't use the endurolytes.

Of course not getting old sucks swamp water worse.

Roger that.

Keep on keepin' on, your energy & enthusiasm are an inspiration.

Also correct on all the previous posts re: hydration, electrolytes, stretching ... and a little rest out of the sun.