Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

undercut trigger guard legal in SS?

bbbean

I would have to guess 'no', based on the Appendix D6 item on Prohibited Modifications which lists "Slide lightening, cuts, ports, or any milling deemed to provide a competitive advantage." Undercutting the trigger guard ostensibly allows a higher grip on the gun, albeit not very much. Of course I could be wrong, which is why I said "guess", and best bet is to ask the Godfather (Gary Stevens) himself or John Amidon, in that order.

In 2008 it was legal. I don't know if they changed it in 2009.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=656337

There are some factory 1911-pattern guns that come with a factory undercut trigger guard, like the STI Trojan, so I'd be surprised if this was a prohibited modification. If it is there are gonna be a bunch of unhappy Trojan owners (including me). R,

An undercut trigger guard as applied by many makers of factory guns and originally by custom smiths is perfectly legal. It is a mere ergonomic adjustment like many others on the frame and frame parts of the gun. None of which can, nor should be compared to Slide lightening, cuts, ports, or any milling deemed to provide a competitive advantage. which affect how the gun functions. Everything in that reference including the phrase "any milling" is in reference to the slide and specifically slide lightening.

The first thing I do is direct questions to the short list of prohibited items or modifications.

I can't seem to find anything about an undercut trigger guard being illegal :ph34r:

My answer is they are fine, NROI's answers are official though.

Gary

In 2008 it was legal. I don't know if they changed it in 2009.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=656337

There are some factory 1911-pattern guns that come with a factory undercut trigger guard, like the STI Trojan, so I'd be surprised if this was a prohibited modification. If it is there are gonna be a bunch of unhappy Trojan owners (including me). R,

Colt as well.