Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most of you don't know this, but I resigned from my job on 2/20 of this year. So, I'm going to be moving this summer, and I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the mill I put in my BASEMENT. I am such a dickhead!

Come hell or high water, that mill is getting taken apart, and it's going to either come with me or get sold. I'd like to take it with me, but I've got a problem. There is really no good place for me to put it at the house I'm buying. And I'm NEVER doing the basement thing again. I'll do without a mill before contemplating that stupid ass move again.

The other problem is we can't close on the house we want to buy until after I've begun my new job and my boy has started the first-grade. We're either going to be living in a hotel for a month, or we're going to borrow my father-in-laws camper and live at a campsite.

What should I do? If I keep it, where in the hell am I going to put my mill while I'm living in a hotel or pulling a Trapper John, MD at the campsite. I could keep the mill at the house I'm living in right now, but if we find a buyer sooner rather than later, I'm stuck with a problem. Should I ask the guy I'm buying the house from if I can leave the mill in one of the garage stalls? I'm sure he'd love that...... Should I rent something to keep it in until I'm ready for it? Maybe the moving company has an option I haven't thought of yet?

Selling it seems like the path of least resistance, but that option doesn't excite me at all.

Most of you don't know this, but I resigned from my job on 2/20 of this year. So, I'm going to be moving this summer, and I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the mill I put in my BASEMENT. I am such a dickhead!

Come hell or high water, that mill is getting taken apart, and it's going to either come with me or get sold. I'd like to take it with me, but I've got a problem. There is really no good place for me to put it at the house I'm buying. And I'm NEVER doing the basement thing again. I'll do without a mill before contemplating that stupid ass move again.

The other problem is we can't close on the house we want to buy until after I've begun my new job and my boy has started the first-grade. We're either going to be living in a hotel for a month, or we're going to borrow my father-in-laws camper and live at a campsite.

What should I do? If I keep it, where in the hell am I going to put my mill while I'm living in a hotel or pulling a Trapper John, MD at the campsite. I could keep the mill at the house I'm living in right now, but if we find a buyer sooner rather than later, I'm stuck with a problem. Should I ask the guy I'm buying the house from if I can leave the mill in one of the garage stalls? I'm sure he'd love that...... Should I rent something to keep it in until I'm ready for it? Maybe the moving company has an option I haven't thought of yet?

Selling it seems like the path of least resistance, but that option doesn't excite me at all.

They aren't the safest of places but a temporary storage facility might work. Also, maybe ask a friend or even offer to "rent" space from someone's garage until you get moved in.

Also, good luck in whatever profession or job you're pursuing and with your move also.

Edited by jasmap

+1 on renting a spot at the new house............ May be easier in the long run by not having to move the mill around so much.

Good Luck Chris, I hope everything works out for you and your family.

If you're really confident about the purchase of the house going through, and you have completed all inspections so that you know you are not going to get surprises like repair requirements that necessitate seller concessions, you could offer the seller an additional deposit towards the purchase of the house that he can keep to have the Bridgeport moved if you do not complete the sale. (That's what I would require if I were the seller).

Where are you moving to?

Macomb, Illinois

Thanks everyone. It can't hurt to ask the seller if I can move my mill in early! That's sounding like a great idea the more I think about it.

If you think guns might make them nervous, they probably already know you're a doc - tell them you need the machine because you are working on a new colonoscopy rectal probe.

And looking for a few volunteers for beta testing? :roflol: