Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how to get CR Speed mag pouches

I ran into this same problem when setting up to shoot L10. If I remember correctly, you use the Glock (GL) spacer with the short tab (the one with 2 small holes in it) facing straight up. I think either the Glock or Beretta/CZ spacer will do the trick.

Thomas

I sent an e-mail to CR Speed today asking how to do it. I couldn't figure it out, and the instructions that come with the pouches doesn't even mention 1911 or single stack magazines.

I cut myself some new spacers out of the correct thickness plexiglass. Aristotle from Team Rudy figured out some config of spacers - I think it was one of them with a tab sitting "backwards" to take up more space.

~Mitch

Ok I give up, how the heck do you get CR Speeds to work with SS magazines? I might be missing the insert or am not very smart.

There is a supplied spacer in the shape of an upside down L. It works fine for SS mags. I do not have a digital camera or I would post pictures.

I got a reply back from Rescomp:

RESCOMP Handgun Technologies cc

June 1, 2009

Setup for Versa Pouch for 1911 Single Stack Magazines

Please Note:

The Versa Magazine Pouch is delivered as standard with a Hi capacity setup for STI, SV and Para Ordnance Pistols.

To convert the mag Pouch to 1911 Single Stack use, Refer to the Versa magazine pouch instruction sheet supplied for the illustration key.

Please do the following:

1. Undo the – button head screw {no 5}, and then remove STI, Para, and Bul insert {No 4}.

2. Install either Glock or Beretta insert {No.1 or No 2} in its place, insuring that the insert “L” Section is in the uppermost position.

3. Additionally, ensure that the “L” section of the insert is facing inwardly towards the magazine pouch cavity.

4. Lightly Tighten the Button the head screw, ensuring that you have the correct pouch angle that suits you.

Please see the attached picture for the assembled view.

I do not have a place to post the image and link it here, but it is the same image mentioned in a prior reply: http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Single-...ation-P199.aspx

I haven't tried it yet.

Edited by FLL1911