Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited, on a tight budget

HighVelocity

Now I just need to go see if it runs. Got brass in the tumbler now.

G24

Sevigny sights

Storm Lake barrel

Dawson Heavy Ice magwell

Dunlop inner tube

Jaeger guide rod w/ factory recoil spring

2x mags with Taylor Freelance +4 base pads

1x Mag with Dawson +4 base pad

I either traded for or bought everything I needed, second hand. Saturday will be trial by fire for her at Double Tap. (crossing fingers) :ph34r:

post-11314-1242946492_thumb.jpg

Add good ammo and it'll run just fine. Nice shooter for sure.

My major Clays load and a Zero 180gr JHP would feel like cheating in that gun.

Jim

In a conversation with a shooter that happened to win the Prod nationals recently we discussed aftermarket barrels in Glocks and agreed on one major point:

They don't add accuracy and reduce feeding reliability since their tolerances are tighter than that of the stock barrel.

I'd recommend putting the stock barrel back in. YMMV

I can't put the stock barrel back in because it's ported. It started life as a 24C.

But, I have had great luck with Storm Lake, Bar-Sto and KKM barrels in Glocks. No issues in many thousands of rounds. I do agree though that the factory barrel is a good barrel.

Dunlop inner tube
- as in you cut strips from a bicycle inner tube and glued the ends to form big "rubber bands" you wrapped around the grip?

Certainly cheaper than a Hogue grip or something like Tru-Grip or Tac-Grip. How does it work?

Thanks! I did not get to shoot it today as planned, unfortunately. It's ready to rock but I did not make it to the match. :angry:

I might use it in a steel plate match tomorrow since the ammo is already loaded. It'd be good draw practice with it, if nothing else.

Now I just need to go see if it runs. Got brass in the tumbler now.

G24

Sevigny sights

Storm Lake barrel

Dawson Heavy Ice magwell

Dunlop inner tube

Jaeger guide rod w/ factory recoil spring

2x mags with Taylor Freelance +4 base pads

1x Mag with Dawson +4 base pad

I either traded for or bought everything I needed, second hand. Saturday will be trial by fire for her at Double Tap. (crossing fingers) :ph34r:

Cool set up

What holster are you using with this setup - I have a very similar setup shooting L-10 right now and am just curious what others are using with their longslide Glock. I am using the Bladetech DOH and sometimes feel like I have to yank it way up to clear

Thanks, Brooks.

Holster, nothing fancy. Since I've only recently gotten into USPSA but have been shooting IDPA for a little over 3 years, I'm not comfortable with Ghost/CRspeed type holsters. I spent a lot of ammo and range time trying to see an advantage but it wasn't there for me. My muscle memory is pretty much hard wired for a straight up and down kydex belt holster. So, that's what I use.

If I was not going to shoot IDPA anymore, I'd put forth the effort to reprogram my draw for a speedier rig but for now, it would just complicate my life.

Here's the holster I use, it's a Comp-Tac: http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=66

post-11314-1243340975_thumb.jpg

Edited by HighVelocity

On the trigger, I just polished all the contact surfaces and left the factory 3.5" connector and factory striker spring. Having spent a lot of time shooting wheelguns, I like a very positive reset. The pull could be lighter but then I'm waiting on the reset.

HighVelocity, Nice looking shooter, I'm glad I'm not the only one who did a budget limited gun! A local shop had a G35 top end w/ a titanium striker and 1 mag for $250 so I bought that to use with my G17 frame. But then I saw used G22's for $350 at Summit Gun Broker, so I now have a gen 2 G35.

I added:

Dawson Ice Magwell

Dawson FO front sight

Heinie rear sight

3.5# connector

Ghost mag release

polished the trigger parts

a trigger over travel stop like lone wolf (drilled and tapped the trigger housing myself)

and some Arredondo mag extensions

post-12275-1244076449_thumb.jpg