Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SR4756 for 9 Major?

Hatchet Jack

163.3 PF scooping a case full and shooting it before the bullets fell out. I tried with 115's. Was really soft, and something I would like to revisit for a 150ish PF steel load.....

What was your OAL and thru what bbl for the data below HSMITH? I would like to try your load, I am not too concern about making major using 124/125 grains projectiles. 163 PF should be good for IPSC PF.

163.3 PF scooping a case full and shooting it before the bullets fell out. I tried with 115's. Was really soft, and something I would like to revisit for a 150ish PF steel load.....
Edited by NogNog

What was your OAL and thru what bbl for the data below HSMITH? I would like to try your load, I am not too concern about making major using 124/125 grains projectiles. 163 PF should be good for IPSC PF.

I am not Howard, but

I cannot remember for sure, but I seem to remember 8.0 just about fills the case and you will have a compressed load. You can just "scoop" the case almost full and dump on your scale for a weight. I believe 1.172 on OAL with 125 zero JHP. There wasn't any pressure signs either.

It is a soft load.

Hi,

If this is IMR powder, exchange it for a 7625..I have loaded my gun with 181pf with it and I had

no primer flow on it. Amazing powder. here's my recipie

my gun has only 3 port compensator (small, med, large)

kkm barrel 5.5in.(has 500rds thru)

chrono at 81 degrees sunny day 5 to 8mph wind

IMR 7625 7.3 (181pf) 7.0g(176pf) as low as 6.6 (167pf)

124g round nose montana gold 9mm(.355dia)

aol 1.155

crimp .378

cci primer

once fired brass (chamfer any extractor gouges)

Edited by shooterbenedetto

I use 4756 but in a 38 SC piece of brass. Even then, the powder goes close to the top at 8.8 grains which with a 125 jhp bullet will make major in an open ported gun.

I would not think you could make it work in a 9 Major