Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Mark II questions

I have a Ruger MII heavy barrel. It currently has a 3x scope on it sitting in a no tap scope mount. Id really like to get it set up for SC. Id also like to use a Burris or another relatively inexpensive red dot. Anyone have a similar set up?? Or other suggestions. If they work in a weaver mount thats a bonus. I would be fine changing my mount. Just like to keep it reasonable and simple. I really like the open dot/halographic looks. I also don't wanna spend the money for a C-more. Any ideas for triggers, does anyone offer a drop in or replacement that works well?

Thanks Scott

Edited by scottrebello

On my next one, I want to try the Volquartsen sear and the Marvel adjustable trigger.

And of course if a certain somebody builds a decent safety for the beast, one of those will be going on as well.

I have a Ruger MII heavy barrel. It currently has a 3x scope on it sitting in a no tap scope mount. Id really like to get it set up for SC. Id also like to use a Burris or another relatively inexpensive red dot. Anyone have a similar set up?? Or other suggestions. If they work in a weaver mount thats a bonus. I would be fine changing my mount. Just like to keep it reasonable and simple. I really like the open dot/halographic looks. I also don't wanna spend the money for a C-more. Any ideas for triggers, does anyone offer a drop in or replacement that works well?

Thanks Scott

I have a MKII set up for Bianchi and it has a Shilen barrel, Clark trigger and one of a kind ambi safety done by Northern Virginia Gun Works in Springfield, VA.

CAUTION on most of the aftermarket target triggers! They are wider than or equal to the trigger guard width. Insert the gun in a Ghost, or similar trigger guard type holsters without the safety enagaged, and you are in for a foot dance! Don't ask how I know :roflol:

MJ

I just called Volquartsen a few weeks ago, and they recommended replacing the sear and the trigger. I put in the sear and the adjustable trigger, and the difference is noticeable. It has a very short reset and no over travel. It is also lighter than with the stock sear.

• 4 months later...