Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marvel 22 Upper For Sti

chp5

Interactions on other online locations indicated recently that the Marvel was ace for the Kimber. Lots better than Ciener for accuracy. I'm anxious to try it. Not personally certain about the STI. I also hear it's on sale online right now, though. I don't happen to have the link..... just Google it.

I'm not sure about the the STI but last week I shot a 1911 qwith the marvel conversion. What a blast. That gun was so accurate and so much fun. I would think it would be just as good on an STI. When I get my SVI I'll prob. buy the conversion myself.

Pete

Thanks Guys.

The S_I upper seems to have a barrel that extends out of the slide. I wonder if it will still fit in the muzzle platform of my CR Speed?

If it doesn't fit, then it's not nearly as useful to me because I can't put it in my holster and practice any draws.

The "Unit 1" barrel does stick out about 1/2" to provide a mount point for the optional comp. The "Unit 2" doesn't, but it's iron sights only. Either way, there's only a .22 caliber muzzle hole, should your holster have a post-in-the-muzzle setup.

I love mine. The most accurate pistol I own is whatever frame's got the Marvel on it. Mags are a tad pricy, but Bob stands behind everything he sells and is a super cool guy as well.

I made it into the top 16 at the Steel Challenge with mine.

I BOUGHT A MARVEL A YEAR AGO FROM SSI,for the sv/sti, with 2 mags for $400. HAD FAILURES tofeed,to eject,to extract with both mags on 4 different sv/sti frames.-sent it to MARVEL for repair.,returned with failures to eject,to feed,to extract with both mags on 4 diff. sv/sti frames. sent it back for repair to MARVEL,returned with failures as mentioned b4,tried 2 diff. single stack frames with borrowed marvel single stack mags,same problems.so far spent about 40 bucks on shipping for returns.-draw your own conclusions. :(

The Marvel kit is great. Much, much better than the Kimber, Cierner and Colt. Mostly because in a well built gun, it will run. I used it while practicing for the steel challenge and for fun playing with NRA Action Pistol. It's accurate and fun. For $300+, it's a bargain.

I used CCI mini-mag solids at the Steel Challenge this year. They are a bit more reliable than the bulk-pack Remington Golden Bullets I've also used. I got occasional sideways-stovepipes (~1/200 rds) with the Remingtons that Bob says can be fixed by tweaking the ejector a bit.

The cheapy Remington Yellow Jackets (or whatever they're called). You know the $5-10 a brick stuff from Wal-Mart/Big 5 Sporting Goods.

Red, don't take it personally. It's probably more of an ammo problem. However, outside of very few guns out of the Springfield Armory Custom Shop, I don't recall Les Baer being that reputable a 'smith...guild or not.

I'm not sure the frame and/or builder has much to do with the operation or lack thereof of the series one-- I put mine on whatever frame it fits onto (it did not fit a frame with very oversize rails) and it works. However, if the mag catch is holding the mag too low, it does have a bad habit of feeding rounds directly into the bottom of the feedramp, which is bad. Putting an STI mag catch into my SV frame fixed that problem.