Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Indiana Sectional

JakeMartens

I don't even see Lefty, or Hound on the squad list................................

I think you guys are making it up. :wacko:

Next thing you'll say is Bucket Bagakis is going to shoot :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Hop

Edit to add:

NashvilleBill is NOT scared, no matter who you guys say is coming. He's still going to kick your ass !!! :devil:

I'll be a walk up registration if I make it. Then to top it all off, my SDB does't want to work-minor factory ammo is probable

What, Corey you not gonna touch it ???

OK, you just hide over there in SSTK. :sight:

NashvillBill is still going to kick their ass !!! :devil: (He's been practicing) ;)

Hop

I'm ashamed to say I'm not even shooting JMB's creation. I'm shooting its ugly illegitimate step child in limited. Going to the pro am next week so I need my practice. Bill is going to kick...what about you, you not up to it?

Corey,

Bill has been practicing..............me, I've been doing other things besides that. THUS.......................................

NashvilleBill is going to kick ass !!! :goof:

now, what is this about you not shooting JMBs creation ............ :sick::sick::sick:

Hop

I watched Corey run stage 4, looked pretty solid to me. I think the theory for this year's match is value: never will you shoot so many rounds in 10 stages. I think there's an 8 round, a 24 round, a 28 round, and seven 32 round courses. See you tomorrow.

H.

Glad to meet everyone, might I say that of the various folks who shot Stage 8, the revolver shooters were by far the most level-headed and least crash-prone of the group. Unfortunately we did have a revo take a complete crap on the stage, to the tune of the entire cylinder release assembly snapping in half. But the fellas came through and he managed a loaner gun with an inch less barrel, hopefully he didn't go minor.

I'm really enjoying working my first match as a proper stage guy rather than general gofer. For 16 wide-open targets, Stage 8 is throwing folks off quite a bit. I think seeing all that brown makes people speed up to 110%, with predictable results. Invariably the ones who sound like they're shooting slow do the best on the stage. I can't wait until next year.

H.

Great to "officially" meet you Matt.

WOW, what a match.

We got plenty of reload practice in on this one ! :wacko:

NO "Gimick" stages, just straight up shooting with mulitple challenges tested.

WEATHER !!! :bow::bow::bow:

Couldn't ask for better weather in JUNE to shoot all day.

Thanks to all who are responsible for anything associated with the match.

Especially Shooters Connection, and Precision Delta bullets !! :wub:

Hop

My 2010 calender doesn't have dates on it yet, but it has events listed with dates to be added later. This match is one

of those. Had a wonderful time and met some great people. Hop was telling me about several Revolver shooters in the

general area that didn't make it or shot a different gun. Sounds to me like this match has the potential to become a

large event for wheelgun aficionados.

BB

Great match Matt, big congrats defending your home club from the Confederate Invaders.

Also, big thanks to Hopalong for bringing me some primers. Love it or hate it, we're all gonna remember 2009 for the primer shortages.

Between watching Hop and Bill (and Scott too) shoot I've got a lot of tweeks and pointers to digest. I even got to watch Matt shoot the swinger stage.

I have to admit, I'm pretty happy to have eked it out. I remember the revolver squad coming through Stage 8, and I was feeling pretty good about having shot the match clean. Then NashvilleBill does his crazy fast flip reload "Oh crap" and Hop gets up and just looks like a machine "Oh crap" and Kissinger in another squad blows us all away in time on the stage, so I had written it off. Steady won the race, thankfully.

Now back to dryfire.

H.

Congrats Matt !!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Also well done to the rest of the wheelgun runners. I got to shoot with Bill, Scott, and Steve. Was really fun and watch out for those 3 they are gonna be good very soon. (except Bill, he's already bad news) :cheers:

Looking at the results, Matt had 2 Ds, and 36 C hits and no penalties, just awesome and what it takes to win (anywhere). Well done Matt !! :bow:

I'll try to do a little better next time, and make you work for it. ;)

I happen to know there were several others there that have a revolver and have shot them in the past, could have easily been 15 or more there. <_<

Matt you're gonna have to work on them a little harder. :P

Hop

As you can see, Indiana doesn't go in for stages with less than 30 rounds, so it's hard to convince them. I get a mess of reload practice at the local matches, though.

As for you, Hop, I thought I had it made in the shade when you threw the Mike on our stage. Then when I asked you how you did at the end of the match, you casually say "Oh, I had one miss, but other than that . . . " No fair building false expectations. I was sweating three or four roundgunners after watching them burn through.

H.

Edited by Houngan

Glad to meet everyone, might I say that of the various folks who shot Stage 8, the revolver shooters were by far the most level-headed and least crash-prone of the group. Unfortunately we did have a revo take a complete crap on the stage, to the tune of the entire cylinder release assembly snapping in half. But the fellas came through and he managed a loaner gun with an inch less barrel, hopefully he didn't go minor."

I'm the guilty party that had that minor problem :roflol:

The bolt broke into two parts inside the action, and so no matter how hard I pushed on the cylinder release, nothing happened. I had to take the side plate off, and remove the hammer (and assorted other parts) so that I could get the broken parts out. I was able to use a screwdriver to push the center pin forward and that released the cylinder.

Needless to say, I ZERO'D that stage.

But, Nashville Bill was very kind to a wheelgunner in need, and provided me with a replacement, so that I could fire the last 2 stages. THANK YOU!!!! I am in your debt, Sir.

And the 4" barrel must be faster then my 5" barrel, as the chrono proved a 175 PF....faster then I was getting out of my revolver.

Lessons learned: don't rely on the spare parts bag...bring a back-up gun

And the brotherhood of the wheelgun is a great bunch.

Next time I work a match, I'm bringing the whole kit with me. There were quite a few equipment problems on our stage alone. Now I've got the brass-back, I can barely move from picking up our RO "tip" that you folks kindly left.

H.

You get no tip from me you whipper snapper. As young and Nimble as you are, you should be able to do cartwheels and pick up brass without even getting winded. !!! :goof::goof::goof:

Glad you got to shoot somewhere, Would have liked to see you whip up on ole "Bucket" like you did me though. :devil:

Round two at the TN section in Mid October, Cliff usually comes up from Florida and have had some others every now and then (we've averaged 6.5 for the last 4 years, 10 last year)

Well done.

Hop

It was great to meet everyone at the match. Had an awesome time, learned a lot, and went home with a tired trigger finger! I can't wait until next time, and I hope to see everyone again soon!