Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Feeding Problems

Solid

I have the following Feeding Problems with my Benelli M4:

The new round is on the Carrier/Shell Lifter, the Bolt is in the rearward position but the Carrier doesnt come up. I have to rack the bolt or tip against the Carrier/Shell lifter. Then it goes up and feeds normaly. How to cure this Problem?

The new round is on the Carrier/Shell Lifter, the Bolt is in the rearward position but the Carrier doesnt come up. I have to rack the bolt or tip against the Carrier/Shell lifter. Then it goes up and feeds normaly. How to cure this Problem?

I had the same problem. Kurt M kindly pointed out that my mag spring may be too weak. He was right, changed the spring, no further issues.

Kind regards

Mick

I had the same problem. Kurt M kindly pointed out that my mag spring may be too weak. He was right, changed the spring, no further issues.

Kind regards

Mick

Ok, thanks. I have a Benelli Nova +2 Extension on the Gun. The Extension came with a longer spring. Anybody knows where i can get a Replacement Spring?

And why is a weak spring making the trouble? What is happening technically?

post-4312-1241803676_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this same problem with my 18" Benelli M2.

Last round hangs in there and does not come up.

It has the Nordic +5 extension on it (goes 2.3" past the end of the barrel).

What size spring would I need?

Or could I put something like a wooden thread spool in there to increase the spring pressure? Dumb idea?

I am by no means a Benelli expert, but from what I have seen, most feed problems can be "fixed" with a new mag spring AND they need to be replaced every so often...

I also find that putting in more mag spring than you think you need helps with things like the occasional "cough", or the "I can stop the gun on command" leaning into it and having a FTF...

How long? put the whole spring in and try it, then trim and try it, keep it up to failure, buy another spring, and trim longer than the failure point... :roflol:

My point is, I feel there is no real answer, other than have as strong (long) a spring as you can stand and still get the rounds you need into the tube.

YMMV

jj

• 6 months later...

Purchase the spring from www.carriercomp.com

When I added a full-length tube to my M4, I went through:

Surecycle

Wolff

Generic 40" spring for a Remington?

Benelli M1S90 Military spring.

NONE OF THEM would function reliably and still allow 7 rounds. In fact, the only one that worked was the M1S90 spring, and it was quite obvious by the poor fit in the follower and the lack of being able to load a 7th round that it was masquerading as something it wasn't. The carrier comp spring is designed from the ground up to function in 7-shot Benelli M4's. Mine has been flawless. The spring was spec'ed by Kip and made by Wolff as I understand it. It is NOT! the same rate as Wolff's generic 40" or whatever springs. It is much better.

Edited by WS6