Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miamisburg Ohio IPSC Classifier match

Miamisburg Sportsmens club, Dayton Ohio, is considering hosting an 6 stage IPSC classifier match On Sunday July 12, 2009. This is an attempt to gage interest.

Match will be run under IPSC rules with Paul Hernandez as RM. Place your vote and we'll see what happens.

MDA

Edited by mda

Paul H. is a great range official, and we're lucky to have him here in Ohio. He is NROI / IROA certified, and will be Range Master at both the Ohio State match, and the United States IPSC National Championship being held here in Ohio later this year in October.

Yes I'll go. :)

Paul H. is a great range official, and we're lucky to have him here in Ohio. He is NROI / IROA certified, and will be Range Master at both the Ohio State match, and the United States IPSC National Championship being held here in Ohio later this year in October.

Yes I'll go. :)

Should of figured you would be the first to sign-up.

Of course you do know, your the Stats officer. :surprise:

MDA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is now official Miamisburg WILL be hosting a 6 stage IPSC

Special Classifier match on Sunday July 12, 2009.

This will allow competitors that wish, to receive an International

classification prior to the US IPSC Championship.

Stages will be:

CLC-33

CLC-67

CLC-59

CLC-27

CLC-29

CLC-43

prh

• 4 weeks later...

This is just a reminder. This match will be run under IPSC rules,

and we will have a Chrono set up and will be doing equipment checks.

See you Sunday.

prh

That's ok, Micah will have to "man up" and shoot 125 PF this time ...... that is if it doesnt hurt his girlish hands. :devil:

Almost forgot about the 5 lbs. trigger pull. We went to the range Wednesday night to practice a little bit. And just for fun I brought along my trigger pull gauge ............ 4.9 lbs. is CLOSE but this is NOT horseshoes, now is it? :)

Just to add insult to injury I showed him the trigger pull gauge on my LIMITED STI with a 2 pound trigger! :roflol:

Edited by Chris Keen

Uh oh ............ I can already see that Micah will have a problem with this one particular Production Rule:

:lol::roflol:

Linked from www.IPSC.org RULES

19. Original parts and components offered by the OFM as standard equipment, or as an option, for a specific model handgun on the IPSC approved handgun list are permitted, subject to the following:

1. Modifications to them, other than minor detailing, are prohibited. Prohibited modifications include changing the original color and/or finish of a handgun, and/or adding stripes or other embellishments.

2. Base plates and/or any other devices which provide additional ammunition capacity (e.g. "+2" magazine extensions), are prohibited.

3. Sights may be trimmed, adjusted and/or have sight black applied.

g17t-left-full-hi.jpg

:rolleyes:

20. Aftermarket parts, components and accessories are prohibited, except as follows:

1. Aftermarket magazines which match the external dimensions of standard magazines offered by the OFM for the approved handgun are permitted.

2. Aftermarket sights of the same type and kind offered by the OFM for the approved handgun are permitted, provided their installation and/or adjustment requires no alteration to the handgun.

3. Aftermarket grips which match the profile of the OFM standard for the approved handgun and/or the application of tape on grips is permitted, however, rubber sleeves are prohibited.

21. A competitor who fails to comply with any of the requirements above will be subject to Rule 6.2.5.1

The way I read it that would also apply to Tungsten guide rods.

Edited by Chris Keen

For anyone else who is planning on coming this Sunday ........ MAKE SURE you've researched the rules and restrictions of the division you wish to compete in.

STANDARD DIVISION - MUST FIT IN THE IPSC BOX

• A handgun in its ready condition (See Section 8.1), but unloaded and with an empty magazine inserted or empty cylinder closed, must fit wholly within the confines of a box which has internal dimensions of 225mm x 150mm x 45mm (tolerance of +1 mm, -0 mm). Note that all magazines must comply, failing which Rule 6.2.5.1 will apply. When a handgun is inserted into the box, rear adjustable sights may be slightly depressed, but all other features of the handgun, (e.g. collapsible and/or folding sights, slide rackers, thumb rests, external hammers, grips etc), must be fully extended or deployed.
  • Minimum power factor for Major 170
  • Restriction on position of holster and other equipment - Yes- gun, holster, and all allied equipment must be behind hip-bones

MODIFIED DIVISION - MUST FIT IN THE IPSC BOX

• A handgun in its ready condition (See Section 8.1), but unloaded and with an empty magazine inserted or empty cylinder closed, must fit wholly within the confines of a box which has internal dimensions of 225mm x 150mm x 45mm (tolerance of +1 mm, -0 mm). Note that all magazines must comply, failing which Rule 6.2.5.1 will apply. When a handgun is inserted into the box, rear adjustable sights may be slightly depressed, but all other features of the handgun and magazines, including collapsible and/or folding optical/electronic sights, must be in the same state of deployment as when the Start Signal is given.
  • Minimum power factor for Major 170
  • Restriction on position of holster and other equipment - Yes - gun, holster, and all allied equipment must be behind hip-bones

PRODUCTION DIVISION -

• Only handguns approved and listed on the IPSC website may be used in Production Division (The GLOCK 34 and 35 are expressly prohibida do)
  • Very few modifications are allowed in IPSC, besides sights and grips. Please see their website for complete rules.
  • Restriction on position of holster and other equipment - Yes - gun, holster, and all allied equipment must be behind hip-bones

OPEN -

• Pretty much anything that goes in USPSA Open division is allowed in IPSC.
  • Minimum power factor for Major 160

We will be running a chrono and conducting holster / equipment checks, as well as trigger pull for Prod. and using a box for Standard and Modified div. Please be prepared to bring the right equipment or shoot in open division. B)

Edited by Chris Keen

*sigh*

Back to the facts:

I. My 3.45g of VV320 behind a 147g Precision bullet chrono at 140 out of my G34

II. The ONLY reason why my G17 isn't blue yet is for that goofy rule that prohibits the change from factory color

III. The only reason that my G17 lower isn't stippled...well...see II

IV. Major power factor does hurt my delicate hands and I find their report scary............................... ;)

It's going to be a fun match to be sure :)