Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Super 1050 tool head alignment popping

Ok, I have started to just do some brass pre-process. On my 1050 all I do is deprime, and resize on right after another. There is nothing in the primer station, powder measure and funnel is off the machine. Primer bar activating rod not hooked up so it does not move. Just station one "POPPING" :yawn: ........................ GMAFB. If I cycle the machine with out and brass on the shell plate it just runs smooth and quiet. You would think the OLD FART BHill worked on it.

​Ok, I read the entire thread, nothing found or given a a remedy worked. Ok, big boys, lets see you intelligence. :surprise:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 7/15/2014 at 9:19 AM, Ken_Bird said:

Ok, I have started to just do some brass pre-process. On my 1050 all I do is deprime, and resize on right after another. There is nothing in the primer station, powder measure and funnel is off the machine. Primer bar activating rod not hooked up so it does not move. Just station one "POPPING" :yawn: ........................ GMAFB. If I cycle the machine with out and brass on the shell plate it just runs smooth and quiet. You would think the OLD FART BHill worked on it.

Ok, I read the entire thread, nothing found or given a a remedy worked. Ok, big boys, lets see you intelligence. :surprise:

Similar to my post looking for a resolution to this problem.... anyone

On 5/26/2018 at 6:47 PM, Acsr said:

Similar to my post looking for a resolution to this problem.... anyone

I had popping on upstroke and lubed the pins on the tool head and that went away. 

I have recently had popping on station one and the powder funnel. I started lubing alll my brass because wet tumbling was making them extra dry but very clean.  

That has solved all the funny noises from my press. 

• 5 years later...

i have same noise with 1050 super it sounds like the dies are binding on shell plate but they are not and the sound is only there when a case is in shell plate, took apart bearings and lubed and shimmed outside race w aluminum foil for snug fit but popping noise still there, RL 1050 does not do this though