Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle Slings

uscbigdawg

Check out the tactical intervention speacialties sling. Works as a regular sling but has a quick attach arm pool that you can snap on and off. The loop stays on your arm and you can shot normal run and gun up until the point you need the loop then just snap it on.

I think a shooter needs 2 slings: a VTAC sling and a ching sling. I keep both in my shooting bag. Ching slings are better for shooting but not as good for retention. The VTAC is not as good for shooting but is great for retention.

IMHO the VTAC has made the 3 point tactical slings obsolete. It's so instantly adjustable and flexible. Plus it does provide some shooting support (across the back) when tightened up.

I used a ching sling in Raton and was glad I had it!

My only complaint about bungee slings is that bungees work both ways. I spent a lot of time back in the martial arts learning how to use opponents gear against them, and don't want to experience same via a bungee sling.

Hi, Patrick . . .

So what could be done against the shooter with a bungee sling that could not also be done with a similar sling that didn't stretch?

I will say that a bungee is also easier to slip off in a hurry if you need to do so. Given that I'm not shaped like the average shooter, the bungee gives me results. And if you pull on it hard enough to move me, the light duty aluminum carabiner I use will bend or snap long before I get moved too far or too quickly. ;)