Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Should Be The Divisions.

Dowter

Any takers for my idea of making L10 "Glock Only" ???

(Har-d-har-har :P  :P  :lol: )

Flex, makes as much sense as other proposals to change it!

I have to echo and support some earlier comments...to be sure that you let your area director and coordinators and others know how you feel. While they may read this forum, not all do and an e-mail, phone call, or letter makes a difference.

Make sure that your comments on these issues are not limited to a post on a forum. Sorry to be preachy!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial thoughts on this have always been to leave L-10 alone. However, I did think that if the ban sunsets, we'd have to rethink the 10 round limit. After reading the posts, and some further consideration, I think we should leave L-10 as is, PERIOD. Even if the ban sunsets, there will still be people with Glock .45s, H&Ks, Sig 220s ect..., in addition to all the single stack shooters out there. It is a great and broad division that allows people to be competive with the widest variety of guns - against guns where their primary advantage is that they can stuff 20+ rounds in a magazine.

Additionally, there will still be the states that have restrictions as well. The BAN, in a twisted sort of way, helped them out a bit 'cause it made a huge (albeit, mandatory) market for 10 round magazines, where previously no one made magazines to accomadate them (unless the physical design of the gun limited the capacity).

Hi guys,

One of the main reasons why IPSC made Production Division "Minor Only" is to help get around airlines which are becoming increasingly resistant to carrying large quantities of ammo on passenger aircraft, despite the fact that small arms ammo is rated an extremely safe 1.4s by IATA and the UN.

The idea is that if competitors travelling to a match by air, domestically or internationally, experience problems taking some or all of the ammo they need for a match, it's easy to buy ammo which makes 125PF in virtually every corner of the world.

It's obviously much easier for competitors to make arrangements to buy, say, a quantity of mainstream factory ammo at destination which will work in their gun, compared to the possibility of "destination" ammo not making Major.