Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY 650

EEH

WELL I HAVE HAD IT SINCE 1994 == MY 650 THAT IS AND TODAY IT HAPPENED--WHILE LOADING MY FOV.LOAD I SHOT MY FIRST PRIMER --BANG--HOLY SH***t BATMAN WHAT WAS THAT :roflol::roflol:

I CAN LOL NOW OH-WELL

Edited by EEH

I had my first primer pop in my 1050 the other day. It looked like the decapper left a ring of primer (just knocked out the bottom of the primer), I didn't notice any increased pressure at the swaging station, popped on station 3. The primers in the tube didn't go up, wasn't as loud as I would have expected. It was a WSR primer, didn't notice the brand of case.

Wearing eye protection, no harm to man or machine.

Ok.........you'all got me freaked out here. :surprise:

So far no detonation on my 650 in two years using only Winchester small pistol primers.

However, disruptions in the national primer supply chain, have force me to begin using Federal's.

I reload mixed 9mm and 40 brass that I pick up off the range, and often get "crunches" during primer seating. So far no detonation and all the crunched or difficult primer insertions have fired successfully in practice.

I'm thinking I've got to go easier on the primer insertion part of the stroke, and wear hearing protection during reloading.

A cascading detonation of all primers in the vertical tube in front of my face, is something I just dont want to hear without something stuck in my ears.

BB