Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just starting to reload

I've been shooting USPSA for 2 months now and want to start reloading, and belive it or not about a month before that a sold all the reload equip. my dad left me he was in SASS how stupid was i ?, all his equip. was Dillon so to get to my question what kind of equip, do i need to get ie... bullets, powder, what is best for the money.

i've looked on Midway's but i just don't know what to get i'm shooting a .45 acp in limited 10 and production. so a liitle advice from the pros would help

thanks Ed

Get yourself a Dillon press. Brian sells them in his online store here and you will not be disappointed.

The thing about shooting this sport is that it does not take you long to figure out that you cannot afford not to reload. The other thing is it does not become less addictive, so you will be loading progressively more rounds.

Lots of good advice in the reloading section. Do some searches and you will have a wealth of info.

Randy

thanks for the advice guys i think since my dad had Dillon that's what i'm going with.

And to WanderingMan check this out when my dad passed i lived an hour away. i saw my dad last, 5 days before his passing and he told me That if anything happens to him i'll get all his guns, and my mom was right there

and here is the knife in the back, a few months after (to give my mom some time) i asked for the guns and her reply was I ALREADY SOLD THEM!!!!

items she sold (hold on cause this gonna hurt alittle)

1. 2 matching Colt .45's

2. 2 matching S&W .45's

3. Sharps 45-70 (took my dad 3 years to get after odering)

and all i got was a Marlin .45 rifle and a Stoger coach gun (sucks to be me, my own mother hates me LOL)

some guy in his SASS club jumped on them 2 days after the services what a SCUM,told me if i payed him what he paid i can have them.

thanks for the advice guys i think since my dad had Dillon that's what i'm going with.

And to WanderingMan check this out when my dad passed i lived an hour away. i saw my dad last, 5 days before his passing and he told me That if anything happens to him i'll get all his guns, and my mom was right there

and here is the knife in the back, a few months after (to give my mom some time) i asked for the guns and her reply was I ALREADY SOLD THEM!!!!

items she sold (hold on cause this gonna hurt alittle)

1. 2 matching Colt .45's

2. 2 matching S&W .45's

3. Sharps 45-70 (took my dad 3 years to get after odering)

and all i got was a Marlin .45 rifle and a Stoger coach gun (sucks to be me, my own mother hates me LOL)

some guy in his SASS club jumped on them 2 days after the services what a SCUM,told me if i payed him what he paid i can have them.

How sad.

Still, sounds like he's willing to give them back for what he paid, which is fair. Maybe Mom will give you the money so you can get them, if you want them.

The coach gun is a good bedside gun, if you don't play cowboy. Or even if you do.

The Marlin ought to be a fun gun, too.

You oughta' ask the SASS guy if he'll take you to the next shoot. You may find that you like playing cowboy. There should be other Cowboy Action stuff lying around, like a hat, boots, gunleather, a gun cart, and clothes.

Check them out.

WM

A couple of things:

Think about the competitive nature of your firearm.- may be best not to bother with Production with a .45 as you will only get Minor scoring.

Think rather about L-10 as you are- that way you are more competitive with the firearm you are shooting. . .

Don't even bother with a non Dillon press if you are serious . .

The 550 is the best "beginners" buy- and it can be upgraded to load almost anything and, of course accessorized. . . to fit your needs in the future.

Unfortunatley, right now is a hard time for us "recyclers" reloaders- Primers are hard to get, if at all.

Save any and all brass you can get.

Talk to local shooters in your USPSA division, and local club match area for load data and suggestions and parts/ reloading stuff for sale- you may be able to hook up with a deal-

You'll probably have to buy a few powders and bullets before you settle on something . . .what is right for you, and your blaster that is. . .

Once you settle on a load- buy in bulk only- you will save $ big time and be ready for any shortages.

So, save your $ and be ready to jump on a deal. Find out what works for others, as they will likley help you, and buy in bulk when you can.

Go shoot!

Dillon is as good as it gets. That being said, good luck finding primers! Powder isn't too hard to find and can be pricy. Buy in bulk 8 or 4 pounds rather that one to save money. Once fired brass is out there at somewhat good prices. Lead round nose bullets are up there but not as bad as jacketed.

Welcome and good luck,

Richard

I've been shooting USPSA for 2 months now and want to start reloading, and belive it or not about a month before that a sold all the reload equip. my dad left me he was in SASS how stupid was i ?, all his equip. was Dillon so to get to my question what kind of equip, do i need to get ie... bullets, powder, what is best for the money.

i've looked on Midway's but i just don't know what to get i'm shooting a .45 acp in limited 10 and production. so a liitle advice from the pros would help

thanks Ed

Did you see these links in my site?:

Dillon FAQ:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillonfaqs.html

“Which Dillon”:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillon.html#which

Brian