Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prepared for the Rocky Mtn 300

SA Friday

You gotta roll heavy for this match. Saw my share of people in limited and open run out of ammo. 5 stages, 300 rounds. One of the stages is all steel.

good luck...shoot great!!!

I don't even think that amount of ammo would have gotten me through the steel stage last year -- I went through 7 mags (at 10 rnds for production) and left several steel standing. Shooting limited minor with my production gun this year.

You might also want to bring along your snowsuit, maybe even snow shoes -- conditions look like they may be challenging, to say the least.

-b

It's a cheap Uncle Mikes, 1.75 wide

Anyone hear about the status of the match. Its snowing line hell here in Castle Rock.

Abs sent an email last night saying that the match is still on. There are two squads shooting the match today.

I live about 40 minutes south of the range and, even though it's been raining since yesterday, there is no snow forming (yet).

Just got an email about the RM-300

The rain has almost stopped, however there is a few inches of standing water. So in the interest of safety we are going to try to drain the berms and shoot the whole match on Sunday. Stay tuned for further developments.

Edited by BritinUSA

From the match staff

The rain has almost stopped, however there is a few inches of standing water. So in the interest of safety we are going to try to drain the berms and shoot the whole match on Sunday. Stay tuned for further developments. If you know of anyone that does'nt

subscribe to this please let them know!

Thanks!

abs

Just got an email about the RM-300

The rain has almost stopped, however there is a few inches of standing water. So in the interest of safety we are going to try to drain the berms and shoot the whole match on Sunday. Stay tuned for further developments.

Thanks Paul. Please keep me updated if you could. I have NEVER been able to get registered into the ecouspsa results for some reason. I think it doesn't like my hotmail acct or something. Also, Abs just handjammed me into the match yesterday as a favor. I'm kinda out of the loop on this one with me moving back a whole 2 1/2 days ago.

Latest News on the RM-300

Ok, so Jerry's got a plan and a good one. We will shoot the match Sunday. Since it's already set up we should be ready to go very easily at 8:00 am. Wear some good traction shoes (think mud) and get ready to have a good time since you will!

Sunday will be NICE!! You'll see. Happily the soil is pretty sandy on most of the lanes but I'm still planning on wearing actual boots instead of my birkenstocks. Extra mags are a VERY good idea. Sunday is going to be a long crazy day. What fun.

Ya'know Cy, I was thinking about that. Abs and Jerry and those guys put on a GREAT show about every time I've been up there. It seems to attract a really good group of people as well. The matches run like an industrial assembly line. I pretty much quit bringing a chair to sit on between shooters because usually there isn't any time anyway!! Bout the time you get done resetting and taping it's time to do it again!!! There's going to be a wazoo full of people to run through the match and I wonder if there will be any time to clean gear off after a run! Even Glocks and 1911's can choke on the sand when those annoying little rocks wedge in between the followers and mag bodies. Some of the high cap race guns REALLY choke on that sort of stuff. I was trying to figure out how to avoid dropping mags in the mud without making my times take on a geological scale! I think Mr. Anderson's shot shell sack brass bag is looking pretty good!

I've been looking at the satellite shots this morning and it watered That area ALL Night LONG!! Looks like we're going to need sunscreen in the morning though. I think it's going to be an intense fun memorable day. I think we're going to have a BLAST and I can hardly wait!!!

Unbelievable !

Despite an amount of rainfall that may confidently be measured in feet and not inches, the Weld County crew put on a great match. They worked all day Friday through wind and rain to set the stages up and then more rain and a bit more, and then a lot more. They had to dig trenches to drain the water out. Two squads were scheduled to shoot Friday and the other 5 squads were supposed to shoot Sunday.

They pushed everything back to Sunday to give the range a chance to dry out (it still rained some more on Saturday). Come Sunday morning the berms were in remarkable condition. The trenches worked, the water was pretty much gone and only a thin layer of mud existed on the 3 stages that I got to shoot.

Kudos to all involved and that includes all the many, many sponsors.

My match was not good, major gun malfunctions on every stage ended my match half-way through Stage 3. I have broken my gun at every RM300 I have taken part in.... it's getting personal.