Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just recieved my new RL550B

Alberto: Welcome to the forum and the addictive hobby of reloading. Read loading manuals, the ABC's of Reloading and the instruction manual. Take luck out of the equation completely, before you ever pull the handle on your 550. You made a great choice for your first press. By all means be safe and then you can enjoy!

The only thing that seems to be in really short supply (i.e. out of stock everywhere) is primers. Order your primers and powder together (to save on hazmat fees) now and then worry about where to put the press while you wait for your backordered primers to arrive.

My house is just full of my wife's crap!

If the house is not full of your crap it is really your house? If you need a solid workbench I recommend getting the 2x4 basic kits from target/amazon. I bought some shelflinks and made a nice shelving unit while I was at it. Then I threw away my fiancee's crap. Very dangerous move but she didn't kill me :)

I am in 100% agreement with njl. Order your primers now and order 1000 of each type jsut to prevent the added shipping fees.

~k_day64

My house is just full of my wife's crap!

If the house is not full of your crap it is really your house? If you need a solid workbench I recommend getting the 2x4 basic kits from target/amazon. I bought some shelflinks and made a nice shelving unit while I was at it. Then I threw away my fiancee's crap. Very dangerous move but she didn't kill me :)

I am in 100% agreement with njl. Order your primers now and order 1000 of each type jsut to prevent the added shipping fees.

~k_day64

1000? My first order for primers was 5k for the type I plan to shoot the most.

Thank you all. I have a school shop table its 2 1/2 inches thick I ordered 2000 sm and 1000 lg pistol primers. I have a spare room in the house its perfect and I ordered Power pistol and trial boss powder for lead 38 special.

Thank you all. I have a school shop table its 2 1/2 inches thick I ordered 2000 sm and 1000 lg pistol primers. I have a spare room in the house its perfect and I ordered Power pistol and trial boss powder for lead 38 special.

Bolt it to the floor or the wall too... we can't stress enough, how steady that table needs to be. If it wiggles just a pinch your primer seats will be a nightmare.

what is the min the large powder bar can do

Albertito, this should answer your question.

Extra small powder bar-needed for powder charges less than 2.5 grains, primarily 32 S&W Long wadcutter reloading

Magnum Powder Bar - Throws from 50 grains up to approximately 72 grains of extruded powder, or up to approximately 82 grains of ball/spherical powder.

Belted Magnum Powder System - For throwing powder charges over 70 grains, up to well over 110 grains of powder. Includes the XL Powder Die

~k_day64

I went to youtube very good free video all about RL550B. Did some trail runs with it to set up the dies I think I did a good job the bullet is a 38special oal is 1.451 should be 1.450 still have to adjust that part but how far do you resize it all the way down the brass

There are some pretty useful videos on YouTube to help you assemble and tune the rig. It helped me to see it done in addition to reading the manual.

Also, be very, very slow and careful -- especially when you get started. There are a lot of moving parts compared to a single stage press. If you mess up and double cycle the press without advancing the turret -- let's say you had a problem with seating a primer and got distracted -- you will double charge a case -- this will RUIN your day. ALWAYS VISUALLY VERIFY your powder charge as you place the bullet in the case.

The Dillion presses are great. You will enjoy yours. Good luck.

How do you post pictures on the forum.

When you are typing a reply or a new post, just below the text box is a panel labeled "Attachments". Click on the Browse button on the right, and locate the picture you want to post. Double-click on it and then click the Upload button. When the upload is complete, click on the pull-down menu labeled "Manage Current Attachments". On the far-left of the available options is a green + symbol. Click that.

Note: No matter where the cursor is in your reply, it will insert the link to the uploaded picture at the beginning of the post. You can move it to wherever you want it within the body of the message.

post-3006-1239723065_thumb.jpg

post-18782-1239764957_thumb.jpg

How do you post pictures on the forum.

When you are typing a reply or a new post, just below the text box is a panel labeled "Attachments". Click on the Browse button on the right, and locate the picture you want to post. Double-click on it and then click the Upload button. When the upload is complete, click on the pull-down menu labeled "Manage Current Attachments". On the far-left of the available options is a green + symbol. Click that.

Note: No matter where the cursor is in your reply, it will insert the link to the uploaded picture at the beginning of the post. You can move it to wherever you want it within the body of the message.

post-18782-1239764957_thumb.jpg