Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more- doesn't turn ITSELF on?!?!?!

skorittnig

Well....

First match with the new open gun- have "the plan" in my head of how I'll engage the course of fire. I probably should've included TURNING ON my C-more sight!

First few targets were very close-up (paper)- I was able to connect with the A-zone. Next shots were on smaller plates, out to about 12 yards. I figured "hey, the close ups are easy, maybe I can put the plate in the sight and see how I do?". Needless to say, 2 shots later the plate is still standing! So I stop....turn it on....and of course, hear the snickers behind me.

Overall it was a great experience, Howard and Darryl were there to tell me I'm not the first to make that error- and took time to give me some great tips...I have a routine now that I follow EVERY time I prepare to make ready- starting with turning my sight on!

Thanks for the help guys- your tips were very helpful!

Shay Korittnig

• 1 month later...

LOL, the funny part is that you were smart enough to stop and turn it on Shay, it doesn't always happen that way. I have done it a couple times myself like I told you and what I didn't tell you on the line is that one time I burned at least 50 rounds on a 25ish round stage. I shot all the paper at least 3 times hoping for two holes and steel until it went down by watching the bullet strikes on the back stop. It was as ugly as it sounds. Another time I managed to turn it on during movement and it didn't hurt so bad, and another time it was man on man dueling tree, the nice lady I was shooting against with her Production Glock was killing me with a high zoot Open gun and almost closed it out while I turned the dot on. I'll bet I burned 20 rounds to her 8 before I got her closed out. I have a very regimented routine now, and haven't done it for a long time, knock on wood....

I'll do it again, of that I am sure, but hopefully it will be a LONG time from now. Wait till you start switching divisions, trying to turn the dot on and off with your Limited gun and not turning the dot off on your Open gun because you have been shooting irons for a while. I carry MANY batteries in my range bag no matter what gun I am shooting LOL.

Now there's a good idea. Except that I've never seen an Open blaster without a pinned grip safety. ;)

Maybe graft a weapon-light pressure switch onto the backstrap, kinda like what Crimson Trace does for their lasergrips... Hmm...

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I had the same thing happen at Double Tap, only thing different was the battery went dead. Right after make read they had a prop issue and I was standing there for several minutes, I knew the dot was weak but didn't have a bag full of batteries.

So any time you go to a major match put new batteries in.

I ran the stage, hit everything even the swinger and had a decent run for me. At the end the RO told me this is Double Tap not Quad Tap or Triple Tap, I machine gunned the whole stage couldn't see the holes or call the shots so I took insurance, difficult shots got 4 easier ones got 3, two big sticks later the stage was done.

Always take a site picture during make ready, and always make sure to zip up your bikini, holster that is, lock it in.

Edited by CocoBolo

Be consistent, always LAMR and ULSC the same way.

Always, always take a sight picture. Iron sight, C-More, does not matter, take a sight picture. It won't hurt you and it may save an unplasant surprise.

If, when using a C-More, you take a sight picture and there is no dot, turn it on.

The command should be, "Unload, show clear, turn off your dot". Turn off the dot before your gun goes back in the holster.

That's why I went to a tube, 2 less things to think about. The other being wash-out. I turn mine at the beginning of a match, in the safe area, and leave it on all day. Those Aimpoints are great on batteries.

Edited by WDB