Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Brian Payne

I have been going to a local gym for a while at my oldest son's request. He has been doing the MMA for about 2 1/2 yrs. now and thought that I might be interested.

I have got to say that I have been having a blast. The first class was spent getting past the "lets kick the fat old cops ass" syndrome and we were good to go, great bunch of guys actually. I am getting a lot more flexible and the cardio work is awesome. I can't get rid of the old, but the fat is starting to melt.

MMA seems to me to be the 3-gunnin' of the martial arts world. Boxing (rifle), BJJ (handgun, the toughest to learn), ground and pound (shotgun, reload as fast as you can and let'er buck).

Good fun! :cheers:

Edited by Brian Payne

I've become a fan of the sport in the last year and it looked like fun, great exercise and training for my fat, old body. Then I see the veterans of the sport on TV with what used to be ears and I thought, uummmm nope, I've grown rather attached to my ears. Mine may not work very well but they at least look the part.

I do catch as many matches on TV and live as I can though.

Good Luck in your training!!!

I have been going to a local gym for a while at my oldest son's request. He has been doing the MMA for about 2 1/2 yrs. now and thought that I might be interested.

I have got to say that I have been having a blast. The first class was spent getting past the "lets kick the fat old cops ass" syndrome and we were good to go, great bunch of guys actually. I am getting a lot more flexible and the cardio work is awesome. I can't get rid of the old, but the fat is starting to melt.

MMA seems to me to be the 3-gunnin' of the martial arts world. Boxing (rifle), BJJ (handgun, the toughest to learn), ground and pound (shotgun, reload as fast as you can and let'er buck).

Good fun! :cheers:

Your still old and fragile! :roflol:

• 4 months later...

MMA and all things martial arts was my life for >40 years. Recently; 2 years ago, I realized my body wasn't recovering completely from injuries and pain was ongoing so I needed a change in my martial arts pursuits and switched to shooting (which I've done all my life, just not competitively).

I couldn't be happier with the people I met shooting, but I sure have spent a butt load of money!