Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy custom ammunition?

Ontarget

I would like to buy some custom .45acp ammunition that meets power factor, but is loaded for lower recoil than the usual factory ammo. Not sure what load/bullet weight would work best. What Companies do USPSA shooters use that might sell this type of ammo? Thank you.

Thanks all for your replies. I will contact Atlanta Arms.

Edited by Ontarget

Precision Delta of Ruleville, MS @ www.precisiondelta.com is the official USPSA supplier and I hear Atlanta Arms and Ammo loads good stuff. I have no first hand knowledge or experience with either. Others might know of other suppliers.

FWIW

Richard

I have used and very much like Atlanta Arms in 9mm and 40 S&W. Makes power factor with lower recoil than factory stuff. I have not used the 45acp Atlanta Arms myself but I know several IDPA shooters that use and like it very much.

A friend and I have both used Precision Delta in our 40 S&W Sv's and while it seemed to run OK in mine his gun didn't like it very much. He had some reliability issues with it that he did not encounter with Atlanta Arms. At this point we have both gone to reloading our own and I highly recommend that route if you have the space and time. Otherwise, call Atlanta Arms arms. You'll be happy you did.

Edited by PatD

I've used thousands of rounds of Atlanta Arms without so much as a hiccup. Georgia Arms Canned Heat are similar performers at a similar price. You can't go wrong with either brand, and the power factor hovers between 168 and 175 in my gun.

I haven't had a good experience with Precision Delta. I won a sampler pack of .40 long at a match, but found that a substantial percentage of the rounds won't pass the case gauge test, and my one attempt to run the ammo in my gun (Schueman barrel) jammed my gun as tight as its ever been jammed. I know they have a good relationship with USPSA, and I appreciate their support for the sport, but I'd sure try a box or two to be sure they'll run in your gun before I committed to a case or ran them at a match.

Atlanta Arms is really good ammo. I load my own, but have shot about a thousand rounds of their stuff and it was absolutely perfect. Heck, I chronographed some and it gave a standard deviation of either 4 or 5....can't do better than that.

If you're law enforcement they don't charge you shipping, which is pretty cool. R,

+1 on the Atlanta Arms ammo. I've run a couple thousand rounds of their 147gr. 9mm rounds and never had any issues. Shoots great!

Just getting my 650 up and running and plan to use Precision Delta bullets. I'll have to let you know how they turn out. I've been told by several people that they have some of the best stuff around.

• 2 weeks later...