Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para-frame Open Gun

BN91205

Hello everyone,

My Open gun was built off a Para P189 (9mm Major) frame and I am wondering if it can be made somehow to accept STI mags? I read somewhere on this forum that the mag catch was something that had to tuned in order to accomplish this. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Before you buy anything, you may just want to try the mag with your current parts. I have 2 para frame open guns and both work with a stock SV big stick. Others have told me that the standard STI tubes work also. They just sit a little lower in the gun. Actually, they are a bit easier to reload with ;). You can also look around for STI for para tubes but they are no longer made and only show up in the classifieds only so ofter.

Later,

Chuck

Yes I had Rich at Canyon Creek make me a new mag catch for my Para. He's very reasonable and turn around time was very quick.

+1 for Rich at Canyon Creek. His turnaround time was excellent. Rich had me buy a new mag catch from Brownell's and send it to him for modification. I've been using it for more than a year with no problems (and no regrets). My STI/SVI mags run great in my Para Open gun set up for 9x21.

Bill

• 3 months later...

I realize this thread is a few months old, but... Once the mag catch has been modified or replaced as it were, will the Para mags still work as well? I am shooting a P16 .40 BTW.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by recon215

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate you taking the time to help a newbie out.

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm sure you shoot Norco IPSC, talk to JoJo and he'l fix that

for you.

Regards,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Yep, Jojo said that'll be no problem. Once I get my slide back from Beven with the Docter mount, it'll be gravy from that point :D ! I'm ready to finally get this thing started!

Thanks again,

Brian