Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Question about Stage 5.
All ammo and accessories must fit in an ammo can or on your person.

What size ammo can?

Lee

No worry. If it is like years past, they will be transporting us to a remote stage and there is not room, or need, for everyone's range bags. If they are sending us in a striker or bradley, it is much more comfortable to put the extra mags in the can along with your hearing protection instead of having it all jab you in the back while you ride. Usually the ammo cans with our stuff follows us in a truck.

Of course they might let you ride in the truck if you had rather. :wacko:

Of course they might let you ride in the truck if you had rather. :wacko:

Last year, our first stage on Sunday morning was the long range rifle stage. A couple of us road in the back of the HumVee (with fabric sides) with the ammo cans, as the Striker was full. You know with all the money that .gob. spent on that thing, they didn't even get a heater in the cargo section? 28 degrees that morning, wind chill in the back of the HumVee was COOLLLLLDDD!!! :goof:

Chef Lees Peking II, there are two listed. I am understanding that the one we are all going to Thursday is 6100 Bradley?

Yes at 7:30pm

Chef Lee's Thursday night, Steak out Saturday night. Ideas for Friday night?

El Vaquero

Friday night may be a pretty good wait. If enough shooters want to, I'll see about a room there too.

El Vaquero

Friday night may be a pretty good wait. If enough shooters want to, I'll see about a room there too.

But what about the Area 6 Director appreciation dinner at your house??? RSVPs must have been pretty low. :roflol:

But what about the Area 6 Director appreciation dinner at your house??? RSVPs must have been pretty low. :roflol:

Let's have that A 6 appreciation dinner in the "5. A hole" :surprise:

Awesome...

A tease tonight, official stages tomorrow

And having now seen the stages we know the following:

1. It will be cool as usual.

2. Bring 4x the amount of rifle ammo stated, 4x the number of slugs, 2x the number of pistol and 2.5x the number of bird.

3. LaRue's at distance are going to be challenging with slugs.

4. A bridge is back.

5. A hole is back.

6. No boat ride this year.

7. Seeing stages the AMU way this early does not help at all.

I see Lunch listed as a scheduled time.

Will there be a food vendor?

MRE's?

Roach Coach?

Jim

Again, please refer to the rather lengthy confirmation message I sent you.

Meals at the Range

Lunch and breakfast will be available at the range for a nominal charge. Daily lunch on range will be hamburgers, grilled chicken, pulled pork sandwiches, chips, sodas, water and snacks. Price will be determined by vendor but will be very reasonable. Water will be available on the range for free in bulk containers.

Cook-out - BBQ

After the shooting is done, shooters & staff can enjoy a cook-out that will feature BBQ ribs and chicken, side dishes (baked beans, potato salad) and beer. There will be LOTS of BEER. The food will be just as good as last year, but there will be more of it. This is included in your entry fee.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Him you only get a MRE if you bring your own or if you have lost your mind and are shooting trooper...The food has been very very good in the past. The very best food has been when Hamp's dad came and cooked. But if it is not to your liking, hit me up. I usually keep a can of smoked oysters and crackers on me and a bit of jerky from last year's deer.

Chef Lees Peking II, there are two listed. I am understanding that the one we are all going to Thursday is 6100 Bradley?

Yes at 7:30pm

El Vaquero

Does Chef Lee's have darts?

Him you only get a MRE if you bring your own or if you have lost your mind and are shooting trooper...The food has been very very good in the past. The very best food has been when Hamp's dad came and cooked. But if it is not to your liking, hit me up. I usually keep a can of smoked oysters and crackers on me and a bit of jerky from last year's deer.

Charles,

Thank you for the most kind offer. I think I will partake of the fine barbecue and or pulled pork. I'll take a pass on the MRE, although I think I'd rank them ahead of tinned oysters and year old jerky. As for Trooper, not this year. maybe if allowed a Sherpa.

Jim

Charles,

Thank you for the most kind offer. I think I will partake of the fine barbecue and or pulled pork. I'll take a pass on the MRE, although I think I'd rank them ahead of tinned oysters and year old jerky. As for Trooper, not this year. maybe if allowed a Sherpa.

Jim

Jim is just plain scared to shoot trooper.....then again, in tactical scoped you can transport your 5 gal bucket of Ben Gay on your shooting cart without a penalty!

Sorry Jim, felt obligated to get that in there!

Your friend...now in New Mexico!

Larry

Charles,

Jim

Jim is just plain scared to shoot trooper.....then again, in tactical scoped you can transport your 5 gal bucket of Ben Gay on your shooting cart without a penalty!

Sorry Jim, felt obligated to get that in there!

Your friend...now in New Mexico!

Larry

Good job Larry and I did not even have to put you up to it. :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing you and TV Norman at the match.

Are the stages posted in order? Does the order go one through nine from left to right or right to left facing the range from the stats building, only with stage five being left out? Or perhaps some other order? Random?

Stages 1 & 5 are on "off site" ranges.

Standing at stats, and looking across the road, the stages from left to right should be

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 6

Stage 7

Stage 8

Stage 9

Notice I said SHOULD BE. . .

That is the current plan. However, the bays are not the same size, and sometimes, during construction and set-up, a stage may get swapped because it is a better fit elsewhere.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician