Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oversized Firing Pin

BN91205

Hello Everyone,

Got most of all the parts ordered for my new blaster except for the firing pin. I know that many have installed oversized firing pins in their pistols to prevent primer flow, etc., etc. Since Small Rifle Primers are nowhere to be found in the US, Small Pistol Primers are all I have access to and it's all I plan on using. Do you recommend the use of an oversized firing pin regardless? Reasons?

Thanks for the help,

Brian

I'd like to find one that is truly oversize on the pin end. I have one gun with a SV IBF slide that has a small amount of flow with Limcat extended or a SV pin using SRP's. Neither of my guns with STI slides exhibit any primer flow with the same loads, even using SRP's. If you are using a STI slide I'd suggest a Limcat pin if you can find one. If it's a SV IBF gun, I have no idea. :(

The one McClearn I put in my STI slide .40 gun, was noticeably larger diameter at the tip than other standard or XL pins- I had to turn it down slightly to get it fit where it would not stick in the hole. If you are looking or a thicker pin, you might try one of those.

FWIW, the pistol will be built on an old Para frame and a new Caspian slide. Any feedback on the EGW oversized firing pin? Thanks for all the help everyone, just wanna make sure it's built the right way.

Cheers!

Brian