Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Make Me Legal in Production

MLC

Make me legal for Production!!! Have a Glock 34, front of trigger guard has been stippled, over the factory checkering.

Can I Remove it, Cover it up, any ideas??? I know I am not the only one with this problem!!!!

Can you lightly sand the stippling down to where it is not noticeable without removing enough material to cause concern?

Thats my thoughts too, but any thing you do is a " MODIFICATION "

Yes Jim, but can it be undone?

No, not with out removing material. There lies the problem. Only thing you can do is replace the frame. Sucks.

Jim

As Jim said, unfortunately you're out of luck. A rather reasonable line in the sand has been very clearly draw with the latest Production rule clarifications and removal of frame material is definitely on the other side of that line.

That said, I doubt anyone on the local level would give you any grief over it, but it is nevertheless an illegal mod.

The only way to be legal is to replace the frame.

Curtis

Edited (because I hate typos!)

Edited by BayouSlide

Yes Jim, but can it be undone?

Even if you could somehow sand the stipling off without removing any additional material, the front of the trigger guard on a stock glock has factory checkering, so even if you sanded it smooth it would never be a stock frame again.

Well, I have seen some guys do amazing things with black acraglas and melted plastic.... somone gifted enough could probably add the material back to triger guard, and reshape it to look 99% of what the stock texture looks like, and would pass casual inspection.

But it would still be illegal to have the mod done to accomplish this, even if its for the purpose of making it look more stock. :unsure:

Maybe you can call Glock, and trade that frame in for a replacement frame. I believe Pharoh Bender did that with a Glock frame. Might be a $100 or more, but it would probably be cheaper than a NEW frame.

Try a search ....

Calling Glock is free and certainly worth a try. When I first began dryfiring (and TERRIBLE at reloading) I banged the crap out of my mag opening to the point that it became questionably legal. I called Glock and they told me to send it in. $50 and two weeks later I had a brand new lower.

I know that it may seem absolutely trivial that a simple sanding down should be considered restoring to factory conditions, but it really is an unapproved modification and could potentially move you into open.

It's always that 1%. You gotta be 100%.

Shoot Limited with that frame. Or sell it to a friend, it's actually a great excuse to buy a new gun.

Edited by A-shot

Don't be a whine bag with all your money just buy a new gun and donate your old one to one of the gun clubs to be auctioned off for new steel.

YALL HAVE ENOUGH STEEL, YOU USED IT ALL TODAY ON 5 & 6