Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I watched the first couple of seasons and was enthralled. Then the next couple sorta didn't keep me all that interested, so I stopped paying attention, probably midway through season 3.

Now I'm hearing that the current season is pretty good.

So, for those who have stuck with it throughout, I'm wondering: can I just pick it up at the beginning of this season and be "up to speed"? Or do I need to go back to the last couple of seasons in order to be aware of key plot lines that come into play this year?

B

I didn't watch it last year but am watching it this year. Yes, IMO you would be able to pick it up at the beginning and be up to speed on most of it. A couple of the older characters in the show reappear-Tony and Chloe(?). Didn't watch the previous 24 so don't know if Chloe was in that one.

Edited by The_Vigilante

They didn't have it last year (writer's strike).

Yes, you can pick up most of the story without seeing the beginning. Just might get a little lost with the characters from the first few episodes.

Each season is based on a 24 hour day in the life of Jack B. I wish my cell phone battery lasted that long :roflol:

I've noticed a lot more gun fire in this season's show, giving me ideas for stages for our club matches :ph34r:

It's TV so I take it for the entertainment value.

C-ya

I didn't watch it last year but am watching it this year. Yes, IMO you would be able to pick it up at the beginning and be up to speed on most of it. A couple of the older characters in the show reappear-Tony and Chloe(?). Didn't watch the previous 24 so don't know if Chloe was in that one.

It all depends if you want to watch ..... or FOLLOW the episode.

There is a difference. :ph34r:

Spend a day with your significant other on a '24 fest'. Catch you right up to speed quick.

Spend a day with your significant other on a '24 fest'. Catch you right up to speed quick.

Yeah, that's really my question. Because it isn't really just "a day" - catching up would be 110 hours (6 seasons, 24 eps per season, times 45 minutes per episode, plus "redemption")

So I'm basically wondering if I really need to do all that in order to get "caught up" and understand the season-7 plotlines and characters, or if there are sufficient recaps built into season 7 that I can figure out the various backstories?

Yeah, that's really my question. Because it isn't really just "a day" - catching up would be 110 hours (6 seasons, 24 eps per season, times 45 minutes per episode, plus "redemption")

So I'm basically wondering if I really need to do all that in order to get "caught up" and understand the season-7 plotlines and characters, or if there are sufficient recaps built into season 7 that I can figure out the various backstories?

Coming from an admittedly huge '24' fan I'd say HELL YES you need to catch up. I've watched every episode and I'm thinking 110 hours of catching up might be worth my time!

Just kidding. As you know, there's a ton of crap that goes on in the show. I have a hard time keeping up and I watch religiously. The people always change. Both Palmer's are out. Curtis is dead (killed by Jack), Tony was dead, but now is back.

I'll admit the last season was a little weak for me. But this season has been surprisingly good.

Jack