Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI TruBor barrel with S1 comp

00bullitt

My TurBor came with the s1 comp. I had the same question you did until i shot it with the major load. It works just as well as most other comps. The huge holes in the s1 vent more then enough gas to have a "soft, flat" shooting pistol. Don't worry about the s1, it will do ya right.

• 2 years later...

Bullitt I have plenty of vids with my competitor with the S1 and or t1 comp. My load is pretty flat but I love alot of straight back recoil in the hand.

Let me know if you want to check them out, they should be on facebook.

Would like to see your vids of the T1 comp. I have the trubor with t1. Thinking of replacing with a different comp. But trying different loads first.

Thanks

Hello: The TruBor type 1 comp works great with 115gr bullets and HS-6 powder in 9mm major. Extra gas from the lighter bullets and the HS-6 works great. I also added "Hill Hell Holes" on the type one setup I had and it even shot flatter. I lightened the slide some also. Thanks, Eric

Hello: The TruBor type 1 comp works great with 115gr bullets and HS-6 powder in 9mm major. Extra gas from the lighter bullets and the HS-6 works great. I also added "Hill Hell Holes" on the type one setup I had and it even shot flatter. I lightened the slide some also. Thanks, Eric

Thanks for the info. Since it is the GrandMaster model not to fond of drilling the slide and barrel to add holes in the top. Don't mind changing the barrel/comp. I do have some 115s and some HS-6 on hand now. I will try that combo and see what happens.

Thanks for the info. Since it is the GrandMaster model not to fond of drilling the slide and barrel to add holes in the top. Don't mind changing the barrel/comp. I do have some 115s and some HS-6 on hand now. I will try that combo and see what happens.

Since you don't want to drill holes may I suggest that you get a 1" wooden dowl 4 ft of 1/4" rope and a 5# weight. Drill a hole in the dowl put the rope thru it tie the weight on. Now as often as you can hold the downl out front of you and roll the weight up and down. This will give you the wrist strength to overcome the flip and recoil of the gun.

I've only owned one TruBore style open gun a good drilling and lots of fat whacked off the slide made it into a very shootable gun. However, that was a 38Super with lots of powder choices that you don't have in 9 mm. Slide weight @10 oz.

There are several camps of thought on 9 major, what I have found out is what works on 38Super also works on 9 major when it comes to compensators and overall gun design.

I might try the dowl rod. Also not against the drilling just would want it done by someone that has done it before. Don't know of anyone local. Still playing with different powders, and bullet weights now.

Thanks much for the info.

I loved the S1 in 9, I had 4 small holes in the barrel. It's lighter and the length is about the same as some of the shorty's out there. I had the S2 also, didnt really like it compared to the S1 so I cut the end off, then cut two side ports in the last chamber. It worked great and I liked it better than the S1. I was using vv350 and the no longer made hs7 at the time.

KBR:

Sorry man I didn't see your post until this thread reappeared.

I used 115's wth hs6 for major and 115s with autocomp for steel. I sold it to pay off a school loan. You can find videos on my page somewhere with the Chromed trubor competitior

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZEROBULL9x19

Robby

Yeah - I resurrected the thread looking for some info on the small STI comp. Were you using the recoilmaster, or standard guide rod with spring? Saw some of the vids, looks like it shot well.

Thanks for all the info guys.