Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rear sight problems

Spray_N_Prey

Ok a friend was going to file my rear sight notch a little wider for me and screwed up and I ended up with a .240 wide notch :surprise:

needless to say it didn't work out well. So this wonderful man named Bubber brought me an extra rear sight he had laying around. I thought I knew what I was doing but I guess I screwed something up.

I shot the gun with the old sight at a Match last week and down at tontitown and both times it was me and not the gun (most would go where I aimed), but after putting the new sights on, I was shooting like over a foot high even at 15 yards. We adjusted the rear sight all the way to the top and was still shooting HIGH. I guess that I did not know where to adjust the little square silver tab, should I screw it all the way down to the bottom of the sight before installing the sight on the gun or should there be some play? i'm guessing that it will have something to do with the zero of the gun.

Any suggestions?

You have to adjust the rear sight down to make the bullet impact go down, rear sight right (clockwise) to make the impact go right, etc.

Sounds right to me.

"We adjusted the rear sight all the way to the top and was still shooting HIGH"

Who is we??

That little square tab has to go underneath the slot cut out in the top of the frame. It can be tricky to get it to line up but it will go. Always adjust the rear sight in the direction you want your bullet to impact.

Tom

heheh ok i'm not mentioning the buddies name that "helped" me, but it was a mix up. Bubber was nice enough to call me and remind me how smart I am, :cheers: but yeah sights are fixed and can someone delete this post before others read it :unsure:

Edited by Spray_N_Prey

after putting the new sights on, I was shooting like over a foot high even at 15 yards. We adjusted the rear sight all the way to the top and was still shooting HIGH. I guess that I did not know where to adjust the little square silver tab, should I screw it all the way down to the bottom of the sight before installing the sight on the gun or should there be some play? i'm guessing that it will have something to do with the zero of the gun.

Any suggestions?

heheh ok i'm not mentioning the buddies name that "helped" me, but it was a mix up. Bubber was nice enough to call me and remind me how smart I am, :cheers: but yeah sights are fixed and can someone delete this post before others read it :unsure:

Delete? and miss the opportunity to remind you?