Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long have you been shooting competively?

Don't remeber when I started. Around 1978 I was shooting IPSC type matches. Still have an original copy of the "Information Bulletin - June 1978" which states "Herewith the first draft of I.P.S.C. rules for Practical Pistol Competition." That must be from when I was match director for our club. I quit shooting matches about 1984, at the last match I shot the shooters included Chip McCormick and David Cupp. Started shooting competitively again in November of 2004. Needless to say things had changed a lot.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started in competition with indoor small bore when I was in junior high school. Played around in in various precision sports for the next three and a half decades then took up walleye fishing (some tournament fishing). Gave up the fishing gig when I couldn't handle the repetitive motion of jigging etc. I was introduced to USPSA by a guy I ran into at a sporting goods store. That was about seven years ago. Wish I could turn the clock back. I never would have turned a pistol in for a fishing rod.

When I was a kid, I would shoot shotguns and rim-fire rifles in cornfields, but I did not even know about competitive shooting. About the only competition was to see which one of the neighborhood kids could shoot a pinecone out of the top of a pine tree. I had only shot a pistol a few times before September 2000 when I shot my first match. I stopped shooting for about 2.5 years after a back injury. Then, about a year ago I found the sport again and have been hard at it ever since.

Started walking the corn fields at about 7 was allowed to carry an empty BB gun next year, empty shotgun after 2 years with the BB gun. Then 1 shell if I could get a rabbit to hold still while my dad stood behind me. 22 for bull frogs, then after high school my first hand gun ( 1970 ). Then shot bowling pins and IPSC, where they made fun of me for using a 38 Super. After the power pendulum was knocked off the table,, they let me shoot major! Then some of this /that and today will start shooting USPSA after I find a nice SV limited in 40SW. All time favorite continues to be rim fire.

Fired an old Ithaca 16 ga. LW at hand-thrown Clay Targets 37 years ago...been "Hooked" ever since! Played with Shotguns, Rifles and now Handguns...oh, yeah...I like "Bows and Arrows", too...just not enough TIME to do it ALL... :angry2: ....mikey357