Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new to reloading

I am brand new to competitive shooting and recently (this weekend) bought an IMM Open gun in .38 SC (from markm). As of right now, I have 1 140mm and 2 170mm, plus the pistol of course. I have been doing months worth of reading on this forum in order to educate myself but I do have a few questions.

What I would like to know from you members would be:

What reloading press would you suggest. Right now, I am thinking about the Dillon 650. Although I am a noob, is this a good idea?

When considering reloading, what would you say are the essentials (list please)?

Sorry if a thread has been started like this before. Please paste the link here.

I plan on buying fairly soon and more than likely will have more questions. If I cannot find them in a search, I will simply add them here.

Preston

When considering reloading, what would you say are the essentials (list please)?

What JimmyM said along with a copy of ABC's of Reloading. The better understanding and more knowledge you have prior to even ordering equipment and accessories, the safer and more confident you will be.

With that said, our host's website store has everything you will need for you to begin reloading and his comparison page found:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillon.html

is a good place to have your unanswered questions answered.

Welcome to the forum. I lurked awhile myself.

What JimmyM said along with a copy of ABC's of Reloading. The better understanding and more knowledge you have prior to even ordering equipment and accessories, the safer and more confident you will be.

With that said, our host's website store has everything you will need for you to begin reloading and his comparison page found:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillon.html

is a good place to have your unanswered questions answered.

Welcome to the forum. I lurked awhile myself.

Thanks!

And also,

Dillon FAQ:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillonfaqs.html

be

• 2 weeks later...

As far as books, I would also throw in the Lyman 49th Edition. It is an excellent book, and as they don't make bullets, I feel that it is pretty neutral in that capacity.

Regarding presses, I am a fan of the 550B. I have not used a 650, but I have used a 550 w/casefeeder. Brian has excellent threads threads here as noted above. They really help with making that decision.

My .02,

redintex

• 3 weeks later...

So far I have had the XL650 for maybe a month now. Definately one of my better investments. Mr. Benos got me all hooked up with some good stuff. Shipping took about 3-4days for everything including the day I ordered it. Gotta love good service.

Thanks be

Preston