Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

help with the head

this topic may be crazy, about a month ago i took a USPSA new shooters course and they pointed out that i tilt my head to the right, i've try to correct it, can anyone out there give me some advice

Move your hands/arms not your head. I'm right handed/left eye dominant-- the head should stay straight- a minor adjustment of the gun position is all you need. Use a mirror and see what's going on.

Yeah, I'd be interested to hear if they were just mentioning it casually, or as if it was something to correct. Heck, people do all sorts of odd things when they shoot that don't cause a problem....mouth open, tongue sticking out, etc. None of those usually cause a problem (well unless you shoot an Open gun in a barrel :P ) and aren't worth worrying about.

In the privacy of your own home, where nobody can see you :ph34r: , do your dryfire practice with a book on your head. Do your draws, reloads, and walk around the house aiming at objects with the book on your head. you will learn very quickly to keep your head and shoulders straight while the rest of your body is moving. Before you know it you'll be as good as any runway model :roflol: . Of coarse I never did this, I only heard about it :goof: .

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Put your head anywhere you want it but don't be moving it around after or during the draw. Lay it on your shoulder if you want but it needs to be there before you are drawing the gun. If you are trying to move your head the same time as you are drawing, you will at the least lose time, at worst, you will not get your head where you want it, then acquiring a poor sight picture, thereby making you miss the place you intend for the shot to hit.

MLM