Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK, So I am getting the Benelli with the Nordic +5

ddj8052

So after spending a few hours on this forum and others, I have decided to get the Benelli M2 with the Nordic +5 Magazine tube extension. I am still somewhat confused on the other accessories to add to the gun. I know I want a side saddle of some type, but with the plethora of options I am confused as to what would be best. Also I would like to get a arm band type shell holder, but again there are numerous options and I would like to hear what you all are using. I already have a couple of Choate 12 gauge strippers, so I am trying to figure out non belt mounted gear for holding shot shells. Also any control interfaces that I should add? Such as larger safety, bolt release, followers etc. Thanks for any suggestions.

By the way, I am already aware of sending it to Benny, I am just trying to figure out the other parts first.

Juan

Benny will put whatever side saddle is appropriate...at least he did on mine. Don't even bother getting the Nordic tube, he'll put that on as well. In short, whatever you're trying to figure out Benny got it figured ;) Like Outerlimits said, send him some $$$$ and fogetabowit. :cheers:

Edited by norbs007

On my M1, I opted for a Mark Otto 8 shell arm carrier instead of a sidesaddle and am happy with it, coupled with two Choate's on the belt.

I too use the Nordic +5 and, after shooting the gun for a while, have added a Nordic bolt handle (actually slightly lighter than stock) and the Progressive Machine bolt release. After having some 75 yard steel mock my front bead sight, I recently added a set of Truglo Magnum turkey sights (front & rear) that bolt on the rib.

Mine runs just great as is.

Curtis

dd,

I believe you are on the right track...you have a great SG and the mag tube is one of the best for sure. Without knowing more information (weak hand vs strong had loading, RH/LH shooter, loading technique ect) I would do the following:

Try to aquire the Progressive Tool TI charging handle, large and light

Stock Benelli ambo oversize safety

Daves Metal Works bolt release, or something like

I believe the stock magazine tube follower is ok but if you want please get an alu follower. As for the sights I went with the Ruger 10/22 sights front and rear just for the long 100 yard slug targets for the Iron-Man in ID. The rear flips up when needed and remain down the rest of the time. Go out and print your slugs and see what you need. There are alot of different options for sure. You should be able to tag the A zone at 45 yards with a slug at least. When I go to the skeet range I get a lot of laughs until I shoot a 23-25 straight and then they change thier tunes. I find it enjoyable to beat the snobs at thier game with a so called riot gun:-)

The best thing is just go out and practice (matches, most of all reloads) and get some experience and then see what you like/don't like and go from there. You have enough equipment to get yourself started and if you need some more equipment just borrow at the range. I have borrowed and loaned equipment out at both local and big matches just because I have been there and done that. I know experience comes with a price but we all had to do it and now it is your turn. You will find alot of people out there to help you.

You are on the right track and now just go and enjoy!

RLTW,

Scott

Thanks for the help guys.

Scott-I am going to be doing strong hand reloads. I much prefer that to doing it week hand. Your suggestions are excatley what I was looking for. Trust me, I am familiar with going through gear trying to figure out what works. I have coxes of stuff that I have tried and did not work for one reason or another. So I am just trying to save myself some time and money by seeing what is working for others. Again thanks for the suggestions.