Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

once fired processed brass

SingleStacker45

Well, I inderstood ya...ask a question in the rifle/shotgun forum, one would suppose that you are referring to either rifle or shotgun. :cheers:

It shoudn't be a problem. I have seen guys fire-form 223/5.56 brass into 223 AI. (Ackley Improved) The result is AI brass, which has a shoulder that is much higher from the rim than 223/5.56.

Treat it like normal and run it thru your sizing die and see what it looks like, even if its still a bit off try loading a 100 or so rounds, but it shouldn't be noticable. the only thing I can think of is your accuracy might suffer just a small amount, and even then it may not be noticable. It probably was fired in a true 223 Rem chamber, which I think is tighter than a 5.56 chamber.

jj

I have my size die set up to handle unprocessed brass so even processed brass goes through it when I load it. Several thousand rounds later and no problems I can blame on the brass.

I tend to use processed brass for practice several times and then load it for lost brass matches. By then it is fire formed and I get sub-MOA accuracy out of it and my JP.

Boy, talk about reading into something.

I thouhgt since I was in the rifle shotgun forum that my poor description would be enough. Sorry for the confusion.

Mule

Using "view new posts" I seldom notice what forum it's in. My bad. I live in a 45-centric world.

I have my size die set up to handle unprocessed brass so even processed brass goes through it when I load it. Several thousand rounds later and no problems I can blame on the brass.

I tend to use processed brass for practice several times and then load it for lost brass matches. By then it is fire formed and I get sub-MOA accuracy out of it and my JP.

That sounds like a good plan. I was thinking at the very least it would affect accuracy.

Mule