Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Posts & Walls

Ray,

I don't see it as a tripping hazard, but not so sure about the stability. Look at the "feet" that PRGC uses to hold up their walls. I have yet to see anyone trip over those, but they still need to be staked down or braced up against another wall for stability.

Personally I think you'd be fine with the majority of your walls that have an angled leg brace -like the ones GCSS or NRGC uses. Dennis has a template for a wall with legs that fold up when held upside down -check 'em out this Saturday when you guys come over and take some measurements. That said, I've designed a few stages where the movement was alongside the front and back of the same wall, and that's when walls with feet come in handy to avoid tripping hazards.

-Evans

Edited by 2MoreChains

Thanks for the replys, there is SO MUCH on this forum, it's great. i didnt think it would be an issue, just wanted others opinions, i'm all for, light and easy, my walls will be like gcss, i think the stands will hold up, ive made a couple and will put them thru a couple of tests this week, with 2 pieces of sq tube welded in the middle, the walls can be streight or at a 90 from each other, and would be light and easy to set up. what got me started thinking about this, is another shooter, said it would be a safety issue, if someone had an AD or really made a bad shot and hit the base. thanks Ray

I made my walls out of 1" square tube and used cheap tarps from Harbor Freight.

The bases are 1/2" bar with two pieces of round pipe that the 1" verticals fit inside.

Being round, you can turn the walls any way you want, and I have two pieces of pipe so you

can put two walls in the same base to make a long wall or a corner or whatever. They have

worked through three seasons great, and stay outside all year long.

• 6 months later...

I know this is old news, but no one mentioned the method I like. I welded up some bases from 1/8X2X4 tubing. A 12" piece flat, with 2-6" pices welded flat at right angles on each side to form a cross. One more 6" welded vertically. The vertical takes a 2x4 for the wall support, then stick 2x4s in the base flat on the ground. An 8' through the 12" piece right angles to the wall has held it in all wind I've seen. Very wide base possible, but easy to disassemble and move. No staking necessary, but if you did you could use shorter 2x4s in the base.