Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Maiden

kellyn

I realize that I was the only one to like St. Anger (still do :P ) but I got the new Iron Maiden yesterday and like it even better. The Monsters of Rock refuse to die!

As usual, they open with a hard rocker "Wildest Dreams" a la Wicker Man, Invaders, Aces High. Likewise the tunes tend to be long and tend to be about mythic, epic, sci-fi or historical themes. It's a better album than Brave New World and kind of like 7th Son meets No Prayer for the Dying. Stand out songs include Montsegur, Dance of Death, Gates of Tomorrow and Paschendale.

Flame suit and body armour on but this He-Man shooter says that Bruce Dickenson is the best metal singer ever, solo or in Maiden! Take your shots you minor shooters!

UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

Uh, if you dont' like it, don't listen (1st off). Or, move your "The 80's are over" comment to the 'What I Hate' Forum where it has a place (secondly). There I'd let your rant live in peace. Here, its open season.

Exactly, what does "The 80's are over" have to do with Iron Maiden's new CD anyway?

As kellyn put it: UP THE IRONS!!!

I have always liked Maiden. Being stationed in Europe in the early 90's was great with all the bootlegs of live shows being dirt cheap and easy to find. This new album seems to have new energy that has been lacking the past few albums. I was borderline giddy listening to it on the way to the range before dawn this Sunday. Set-up seems to go faster when the metal is blaring and the cigar is burning.

But, my vote for best metal vocals goes to Geoff Tate of Queensryche. The dude had a range that nobody in rock/metal could touch. Rumor has it he has opera roots and still sings with the Seattle opera.

While borderline grunge/metal/punk, Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains sang and wrote well together, earning vote for best duet of the past 30 years.

Havent shot production (minor boy) in a few months. Back to shooting manly major, 6 rounds at a time.

I was a huge maiden fan in the early 80's. Saw them in concert in 82 or 83. What a show. The parts with Eddie where waaaaaay cool. I always thought of maiden as the precursor to the Metallica type bands. Maybe that's why it took me awhile to get into Metallica. I saw maiden again in the later 80's. The new stuff didn't hit me as hard.

Haven't listened to them in years. I'll try and find some of the new album.

I agree Bruce was/is the man.

UP THE IRONS!!!

Dave?

Kellyn said he wanted an honest opinion on the band; "flame suit" and all he said. I said the 80's are over because the Iron Maiden is a 70's' early 80's band and their new album sounds just like it was released then.

If you don't like my posts: don't tell me what to do, just don't read them. <_<

By the way, the 80's are over, get over it.

Numetal ain't metal. :D

Slipknot!!!!! They could learn a lot from the great metal bands of the 80s. The real metal bands, not the hair popmetal bands.

Tom, I always liked Geoff Tate but he ain't Bruce. Same with Chris Cornell.

UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

Or to get really metallic "Other bands play, MANOWAR KILLS"

mmmmm... Slayer... mmmmm.... :wub:

"God Hates Us All" has to be one of the most intense and heaviest songs that has ever been penned or played. My brother is into Ill Nino and Hatebreed. I don't get the "hardcore" scene (see also Killswitch:Engage, and most everything played on the new Headbangers Ball on MTV2 and Uranium). Slipknot, to me is a bit different than the rest of the hardcore

Anyway...John - the 80's are over, thankfully ( I hated the 80's then, and especially now). I was outa line...