Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost holster question

lugnut

I just ordered one from Midway. Figures it showed up with one of the screws missing from the belt connector plate. Seems like many folks are out of the Ghost for a Glock (RH). However one thing that seemed strange is the belt plate is rectangular as opposed to the one I see here: http://czcustom.com/testproduct-61.aspx That one seems like it's a bit wider and may offter more support. Otherwise these look the same. Any big deal?

I bought a Ghost for a 1911 from shooters connection last year and it does not have the wing like things on the connection plate like the one you have pictured. I have had no problems with it trying to move around on my belt.

Rick Dahly

I cut the wings off of my holster plate. You'd have to weigh about 75 lbs to have the angle actually fit around your waist.

Me too. With the wings, it just caued my belt to have a lot less contact with the velcro. It is a lot more solid now.

Edited by rangertrace

Not sure what is going on with Ghost.

I have an "old" model with the wings and a real nice outer faceplate that is shiny thik and looks sort of like carbon fibre, and appears very sturdy and has the rear of the trigger guard area cut out.

The newer unit I purchased that came with what I guess is the newer upper plate that has no wings, but fits fine. This unit came with a cheesy outer faceplate covered in poor quality fake carbon fibre tape and a cheesy looking gold ghost emblem. The rear of this unit's trgger guard is covered.

Some calls I made to Ghost vendors seem to indicate many of the manufacturing runs are different.

Note: both holsters required some "tuning" to get a safe, but easy release of the pistol. Both are for STI/SVI.