Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Long Does it Take To Fix a Broken Glock?

Bill Nesbitt

Bill,

So, are you saying that when you break a trigger spring in a Glock, if you simply cycle the action twice you can then run the gun through an entire stage without a problem?

I broke one during LAMR a few months ago. Buzzer went, drew the gun, was convinced I'd forgotten to rack a round in the chamber --- Tap, Rack, oooh there's a round flying through the air, Bang. Gun ran for the stage ---- I fixed it at the safe table after I was done....

G34, shooting 147s at about a 132 pf.....

I had one break in a stage, and I think it was probably the one Flex is referring to. I finished the stage but never did quite figure out how to manage the reset. About every third or fourth round I had to shuck one out to get the trigger to reset. Practicing without out the spring isn’t a bad idea. Knowing how to manage the reset may salvage a stage someday.

I am sure you guys know this but if you break a trigger spring during a match, just keep pinning the trigger back after each shot (using the reset). I have also read that while holding the Glock with a broken trigger spring, turn your hand over 180 degrees so that the slide is now horizontal to the ground, the grip side up, finger off trigger with the muzzle still facing down range and rack the slide. This will reset the trigger with out using the reset. I tried this during a dry fire session to confirm that it does work.

Make sure your Glock is unloaded with no mag, remove your trigger spring, reassemble and try it both ways. You will also notice the trigger is much heavier. (Note: I have only tried both of these methods during dry fire).

Edited by PLINK

PLINK, that is some good info. Thanks.

I tested this live fire. :cheers: After I tested it with orange dummy rounds. :ph34r:

I completely removed the trigger spring from my G-17 for the test.

First, if your trigger spring is broken, the trigger will not reset when you rack the slide. Unless you turn the gun over a few degrees past "gangsta". :rolleyes: Then, I guess gravity helps. The trigger will reset and the Glock will run fine as long as you pin the trigger for each shot.

Evidently that's what I did at the match. When I first loaded I held the gun normally. When I racked the slide to try to reset the trigger I wanted the ejected round to land at my feet instead of over to the side. So I guess I turned the gun over. :unsure:

I think I must have shot around 3 stages with a broken trigger spring.

All hail the wonderful Glock. :roflol: