Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

12 Ga 2 ¾ 00 Buckshot

M ammo

I started casting bullets long time ago.

I got a wild hair,, and

I bought a mold and cast some 00 buck.

Just to give it a try,

I will use the loads in some 3 gun match’s

I have loaded a few rounds,, I started low and slow, they did not cycle my M-2. So I'll work it up untill it works,

I just started working up loads, and am wondering if anyone else has any experience loading them.

Jim M ammo

<_< I Thought about it and only loaded a few, The Wad is the deal. What I did was use regular data and reg wad and used #9 shot as a buffer around the balls.

that was over 15 years ago and it was shot out of and old 1100 Worked OK

I don't know If I would do it agian

I was looking at some old load data books last night and found loads for Buck and Slugs, let me find them again and I"ll get back with you.

Found it!!!! the hodgdon annual manual, there is no date on the magazine but there is a message in the foreword dated sept 2002.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

@ M ammo... so which mould did you go with?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

I have some Lee molds. And they work fine but 2 balls at a time,, will take time,, so I looked around and went with.

http://www.johnnyspond.com/do-it-molds-sli...llet-molds.html

it has two sizes 00 and single 0 ,, or close to it, it is much faster to make shot.

8 at a time,,, most of the time all 8 do not form correctly.. so I get, 3 to 6 per pour, and have to snip, them off the sprue, end,,

They come out OK,, they will shoot just fine.

Jim M ammo

Okay... I had to ask.

I have a friend with a mill.

I am half tempted to get a couple of blocks of aluminum and using ball end mills make my own buckshot mould.

Yeah, I had heard of the "do-it-mould" before.

There is a place kinda close by that does deal in fishing lure making supplies. I might take a look at one of there sinker moulds first before I go through the hassle of making my own mould.

Now... if I could duplicate something like Federal's flight control wad, I would really be onto something.

Here ya go on slugs.

:roflol: and to think I wasted my time and money on that mold HA as funny as that was that is not to bad.. who knew you could make a slug using a wood mold..

21 gr,,, thats good info,, I started at 15 GR,, so I'll up it to 20 and see how,, that 00,, and slug,,, flies.

too funny,,, bush boy :cheers:

Jim M ammo