Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For the Trekkies - What is the PF of a phaser

Franklin D Wolverton

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem as I see it is point shooting would be a must. Never saw any sights on a phaser, and seldom saw one fired from above the hip. May have to start a new organization. Future Weapons Shooting Association(FWSA). I would like to see the Plasma rifles from Halo included in the approved gun list. They seem to have more recoil than the phasers, so either they are comped or they are running a higher PF.

I gotta run and see if I can get the FWSA registered before someone beats me to it.

Tell you how to settle this shjt, all those in favour of using mythical energy weapons at light speed at this end of the room, all those with ancient metal hand cannons using old fashioned brass cartridges containing poisonous lead projectiles going less than the speed of light at that end. Face the other end and fire at will.

Hands up those who are leaking bio fluids.

Future Weapons Shooting Association(FWSA). I would like to see the Plasma rifles from Halo included in the approved gun list.

Well, one thing that is definitely off the approved list is the BFG. Any gun that will disintegrate all the targets with one shot should definitely be outlawed. Even a miss will take out half of them for gawd sake.

Future Weapons Shooting Association(FWSA). I would like to see the Plasma rifles from Halo included in the approved gun list.

Well, one thing that is definitely off the approved list is the BFG. Any gun that will disintegrate all the targets with one shot should definitely be outlawed. Even a miss will take out half of them for gawd sake.

I was just thinking of that... long course finished in 3.24 seconds... assuming that it is charged up and ready to go... what did it take, like 3 seconds to fire?

Tell you how to settle this shjt, all those in favour of using mythical energy weapons at light speed at this end of the room, all those with ancient metal hand cannons using old fashioned brass cartridges containing poisonous lead projectiles going less than the speed of light at that end. Face the other end and fire at will.

Hands up those who are leaking bio fluids.

Some guys just have no sense of humor :roflol:

No kidding, I mean, how would you score the hard cover and no-shoots? :ph34r:

Here's one we've all been targeted by in real life: what's the PF of a scorned wife's eyes? You know, like when she opens her Valentine's Day gift to find vacuum bags. Or, if she catches you cleaning guns when the snow hasn't been plowed yet. Or, when she catches you doing the corner-of-the-eyes glance at another shape in the mall. In fact, isn't that PF in direct proportion to the proportion you're eyeing? I'm thinking my wife, in the proper state of dander, could check calibration on 300 yard .308 targets...