Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Videos And Books

D.Hayden

If you haven't read Brians book then stop reading what I'm writing and order it. That has been the best purchase I've made to increase my ability. Matts videos second Brians book. Order all 4 of Matts videos and you won't regret it. Ron Averys videos are also great. He covers all the basics and breaks movement down and explains which ways work best and why. If I had to pick only one then i would def. go with Brians book. The amount of info in that back is unmatched. Matts book is also really good but covers different aspects of shooting. It covers more of the sport-oriented side and discusses a lot about equiptment choices etc. His book does come with great progress charts to use to mark your progression.

Hope this helps a bit.

Pete

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The Burner series is VERY detailed. Really good tips, and I find little things each time I watch certain tapes.

Matt's are also good, but don't go into quit as much detail. That could be either good or bad, depending on how much of a technical person you are.

Brian's book continues to set the standard. You will find things in his book that you will understand on different levels ever time you read it.

In the end, there are all kinds of good sources of info out there, but you will need to find what works best for you. That in itself will be a never ending process, and the insight of all of these pro's will help. ;)

Hi,

Purely for the "mechanics" of shooting I have bought some books of Gabriel Suarez. Although not applicable here in NL (we are not allowed to carry guns for self defense), I found a lot of useful stuff in there that I can use in IPSC. If you need some basic advise for how to reload and such, have a peek at those books as well.

And, as a side note, although I cannot carry a gun for self defense, I found Gabe's books very interesting and useful, and I agree wholeheartedly with his ideas about proper mindset, repsonses to threats and such.

BerKim:

I have Barnhart's complete series. Feel free to borrow any time. Just snag me at Richmond.

Kevin C.

Thanks Kevin... this post seems like so long ago now.....

Now, of course, I have Brian's book along with Matt's, and Matt's 1-4 DVDs...