Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What does this mean

RangerTrace

I know I'm a C but am I a 47.52% C or a 55.79% C?

OPEN Class: U Pct: 0.00 High Pct: 0.00

LIMITED Class: C Pct: 47.52 High Pct: 55.79

LIMITED10 Class: U Pct: 0.00 High Pct: 0.00

PRODUCTION Class: U Pct: 0.00 High Pct: 0.00

REVOLVER Class: U Pct: 0.00 High Pct: 0.00

SINGLESTACK Class: C Pct: 45.21 High Pct: 45.21

Edit-

I thought I had an explanation for you, but after looking up your scores, I don't have an explanation. Hopefully someone smarter that I am will chime in

Edited by MisterB

Initial classification is calculated on the first 4. After the first 4, its calculated on the best 4 of 6. You've got one that's bringing your high average down on initial classification but should drop off after you're past the initial classification -- so you're really a 55.

The rules:

To receive an initial classification, a member needs to

have at least four unduplicated scores in the USPSA classification database prior

to the monthly reclassification procedure. If there are more than four scores on

file, the best four scores of the most recent six scores will be used. Scores are

sorted according to the match date to determine which scores are the most recent.

For matches that are Level I Specials, the scores are further sorted by the score

Edited by Seth

47.52% reflects your current percentage based on the best 6 classifiers from your most recent 8 that count.

55.79% reflects the highest percentage you've ever achieved after the once monthly percentage calculation.

Your highest ever which was 55.79% is what is used to determine your letter classification. If your classifier scores improve and you get moved up one month then it might look like this:

LIMITED Class: B Pct: 62.56 High Pct: 62.56

Then if you don't do quite as well on your next classifiers, the next month record might look like this:

LIMITED Class: B Pct: 58.55 High Pct: 62.56

Your current dipped, but you'd still be classified B class.

Edited by Duane Thomas

Seth has the best answer. USPSA used the best 4 to give you an initial classification which lasted for one month. After that first month and you enter a new classifier then 6 scores are used to get your average.

Unfortunately, you'll have to shoot 2 more good classifiers to lose your 1 low one. They will keep the best 6 and drop the low one.

Initial classification is calculated on the first 4. After the first 4, its calculated on the best 4 of 6. You've got one that's bringing your high average down on initial classification but should drop off after you're past the initial classification -- so you're really a 55.

No, he's really a 47.52. He was a 55.79 with the initial classification using the best 4. When he has 7 total and one that is not too high or too low then they will drop his one low score. He only has 5 classifiers in Limited so he will have to have 2 more to make one drop.

Bobby,

I agree that by the system he's correctly at 47%... but the 14% will fall off first after he gets 8 and then its an instant bump back up (assuming performance average with the others).

Page 4 of rulebook:

After a member has earned a classification, the classification system will look at

the best six unduplicated scores of the most recent eight to evaluate the member’s

current classification percentage.

No scores that calculate to less than 2 percent are used. Also, to prevent unusually

low scores from affecting your classification percentage, scores that are more

than 5 percent below your classification bracket (e.g. a score of 34.99% for a Cclass

competitor) are not used for classification purposes.

Seth has the best answer. USPSA used the best 4 to give you an initial classification which lasted for one month. After that first month and you enter a new classifier then 6 scores are used to get your average.

Unfortunately, you'll have to shoot 2 more good classifiers to lose your 1 low one. They will keep the best 6 and drop the low one.

Except it answers a question that wasn't asked. :rolleyes:

The question I believe is why are there two percentages shown and which one indicates my actual classification.

Hey, that's what friends are for. I already had it opened from researching Trace's question. It was a familiar issue, as I dealt with it myself during my initial limited classification as well... I knew where to look!

Except it answers a question that wasn't asked. :rolleyes:

The question I believe is why are there two percentages shown and which one indicates my actual classification.

Actual classification would be "C" Current Percentage is 47.52% and the highest Classification percentage obtained is 55.79%

In USPSA per the classification policies a member can not move down in classifications (eg: Drop to D Class from C Class). The exception there is a process where an MD can submit a letter to USPSA requesting a member be moved down in class due to extenuating circumstances, i.e an injury that has severe impact on their ability to perform at the classification level they had achieved. (going from memory on this one at this time).

In short the USPSA Classification system is a system that promotes based on performance but does not demote to a lower class.

OK, to properly answer the question that was asked without explaining why you are what you are, you are 47.52%.

Previously posted in this thread is an explanation as to why.

I had him do a fluff and buff at 5000 rounds. Adjust trigger to 2.75# and adjust the slide stop for locking back, and its been phenomenal since it got back.

Colby and Virgil are the best of the best.