Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Sight Changing Tool

coframer

I like the old glock factory sight tool, but they are hard to come by now. I occasionally see them on sale over at Glocktalk, usually around $75 or so.

The MGW will work just as well, and those can be found a little easier. I would look for a used one unless you need it right now and save a few bucks.

A punch works fine, but the tool makes it a lot easier to get fixed sights aligned. I still use punches to drive the stock sights into the trash can where they belong. I just borrowed the sight tool from a gunsmith friend. I did consider buying one, but free is better. One of the cheapest places I saw online to buy one is at Top Gun Supply. They're out of stock at the moment, but have a thing where you can get emailed when they get more in.

Glock Parts. Com

Good customer service and quick ship. Brownells as well. I would say unless you are gonna work on lots of guns the sight tool is a bit expensive. I have them but I work on glocks. They are great and easy to use. There is also the universal sight pusher that Brownells has that will work for a multitude of guns.

• 1 month later...
If you are interested, I have a PI 500 universal sight tool gathering dust in my shop. I've been meaning to put it up for sale along with some other dust gatherers.

i dont mean to stomp on anyone, but i installed xs big dots that are dead on on my 27 with no special tools.... just the nylon punch that came with the xs sights. but you can use anything to get the rear sights out even a flat head screw driver(not recomended but works if carefull.)

but you can use anything to get the rear sights out even a flat head screw driver(not recomended but works if carefull.)

Yeah, you're just gonna throw that thing in the trash where it belongs, so it doesn't really matter what condition it's in when you do it.

If you are interested, I have a PI 500 universal sight tool gathering dust in my shop.

No offense - and I mean that seriously - but I found that so-called universal sight tool a really easy way to screw up a gun's slide. Something actually designed for that particular type of gun is the way to go, in my experience.

You should ask around at your local match. There's one guy here who has one that just gets passed around as needed. That's one of the best things about competitive shooting--networking!

Edited by Glockopop