Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ever forget what you are doing?

AzShooter

OK I have an excuse. I hadn't slept in 4 days and my bi polar and chronic fatique were both getting to me but last week I kept forgetting what I was doing.

I quess I ordered 5000 Federal Small Pistol Primers from Midway last Saturday. I needed them because I was down to a mear 8000. LOL

Well, Sunday night I was thinking about reloading andthought.... Hey, I need more primers so I ordered another 5000 from Midway.

Moday I was reading a post that Grafs and Sons had Wolf Small Pistol at a good deal, $75 for 10K so I put in another order, forgetting about my previous two orders.

Come Friday and here are 20K primers on my doorstep. I also forgot that my friend asked me to order 1000 rounds of Mil Surp ammo for him and I bought a new scope to replace a good one I threw away by accident.

It's tough getting old.

Then I ordered a pistol on line, just because.

When I looked at my debit card account it was EMPTY. :blush:

Good thing I have overdraft. But I immediately put $1k in the bank to cover any other orders I may have forgotten.

At least I'm now stocked up on primers for a bit and have a backup chrono and a scope for the next rifle I decide to build.

This weekend I plan to get some sleep.

I don't feel so bad now. Drove up to the window at In -N-Out this evening and hadn't even ordered. I'm not even 40 for three more months!

Too young to blame age, too proud to admit stupidity! :wacko:

As Clinton used to say, "I feel your pain."

I hate that I missed that sale, 10K primers for $75 damm!

That was $75 for 5000 if you bought 10K. 5000 was $85. Sorry I didn't explain it well...... Memory problems again. :cheers:

Sharon I have used the Wolf primers and they even work with my Apex tuned 627. I've been shooting just the two matches a month, ICORE at Rio first Sunday and ICORE at South Mountain 2nd Saturday. You should come out.

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with a new bullet so I've been going to Ben Avery at least once a week for testing. It's a 180 grainer for the .38. Makes minor with no felt recoil and I can load it to major with 5.5 grains of Unique and it prints under 1 inch groups with the dot on.

I even shot a match at Cactus last Thursday. What a group of nice people. All new. :roflol: . A few guys that I hadn't seen in 30 years and a few old friends. It was lots of fun. They are going to start putting on Steel Challenge matches the 3rd Sunday of the month at Ben Avery.

As the weather gets better I'll be out more. I'm taking my time... pain to shoot and I often have to visit the hospital after matches unless I take good care of myself. Too bad I can't take my pills until after a match. Not good to be shooting while taking some of my meds, or driving for that matter.

Edited by AzShooter

are the Thursday night stages as they were? They were almost always shot from one position, except Move Back, Speed Up! I could do that. Trouble is I cannot bend to pick up brass. Are the Revo matches shot from one position?

Last Thursday's match only had movement on one stage. You shot 5 plates, moved 5 yards forward, shot them again, moved 5 yards and shot them again.

ICORE isn't heavy into props. Especially at the local matches. No one wants to spend half a day setting up and then tearing down.

The stages are interesting but I can handle the movement so I think you can too. I bring a cane with me for later in the day when my back is hurting.

Get your ammo ready. No Rio match in Feb but the South Mountain match is on.

2nd Sunday Gunny puts on the Steel Challenge. Only two stages require movement and not much. Cactus is going to start putting on the Steel Challenge stages on the third Sunday.

I've been bringing a small chair since there is so much wait time between shooting. It helps.

I was going to comment, but I forgot what I was oh hey did you see that, going to wow would you look at no my memory is fine and I never get gee I think I should go get some coffee distracted from my what was I doing anyway.....

Jim