Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Electronic Scale

Quick question. Should I weigh with the clear cover on or off? It shows 1/10th grain less with cover on. Example 4.0 titegroup reads 4.0 cover off 3.9 cover on. Which is right? I would guess cover on. No air movement or any outside influences. If I weigh a bullet it does same, exactly .1 less.

Thanks

Hey chris whats up? Yeah yeah I hear ya'. But somebody will have me convinced that one is better than the other by tomorrow.

I see your name at or near the top of the results page at Miamisburg every week. I still plan to make it up there one of these weeks. Maybe you can help get me started?

Later

Mine was always the same on or off, but I never use it where there is a lot of air movement.

Then after I moved to a new home (in a new state) I just happened to notice a difference one day. I then bent the little metal tab on the cover out so it made better contact with the ground ring and it was consistent again... something to check.

-rvb

Mine was always the same on or off, but I never use it where there is a lot of air movement.

Then after I moved to a new home (in a new state) I just happened to notice a difference one day. I then bent the little metal tab on the cover out so it made better contact with the ground ring and it was consistent again... something to check.

-rvb

I find mine to be very inconsistent with the cap off.