Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625 PC availability?

chrisjohn

What i did was send a 4 inch to smith and have them install a 5 inch barrel cost about $170

Steve

Looking for the barrel profile and the forged part trigger/hammer components. I've got a regular 5 inch gun and want a little less weight towards the front. Okay I really love .45 acp revolvers too.

My thoughts: If you really want a little less weight towards the front (and are you sure about that?), and you can't locate a PC 625, you could simply remove some or all of the underlug from the 5" 625 you already own.

The forged trigger/hammer components are not really an issue--the MIM parts are every bit as conducive to a great action job as the forged parts. And the stock action with the MIM stuff will probably be smoother out of the box, actually.

Thanks for the advice. My gun doctor recently went to the big range in the sky so any major machine work is out for me. Let's put it this way, I've ordered several Kuhnhausen manuals.

Probably would be fine with a 4' 625 but the PC version I handled once in the shop sure felt great.

Good to know that the MIM parts will take a polish too. 600 grit stone?

Probably would be fine with a 4' 625 but the PC version I handled once in the shop sure felt great.

Must take a big guy to handle a pistol with a four foot barrel. :surprise: Bet you get good accuracy on the long shots, though!

S

Must take a big guy to handle a pistol with a four foot barrel. :surprise: Bet you get good accuracy on the long shots, though!

S

Now thats funny. :roflol:

Good to know that the MIM parts will take a polish too. 600 grit stone?

I generally use very fine grit wet/dry paper and white ceramic stones (which do not require oil or water). I've found that MIM parts can be worked the same as forged parts--the only difference is that I usually grind off the sprue marks from the sides when polishing up a hammer. That's purely a cosmetic issue, but I much prefer a gun that looks good and shoots good!

i have a 625 pc and like it a lot. i also like the lighter 5" barrel. it swings a lot like a 4" but has less flip and points easier for me

Scott

Agree - the full underlug 4 inch and the PC 5+ inch guns seem to have lot of similarities in the way they transition.

Good luck finding 625s of any variety right now. You can still get 4" 625JMs, but dealer price on those has taken yet another jump, and is now pushing $700. Pure craziness.

I found a distributor at the SHOT SHOW that had 625's and 627's in stock. I don't recall right now which one it was but I will find out if anyone is interested. I can order from them.

I believe the guns were nickle plated?

david