Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

nightforce

ShooterSteve

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Yet another scope to consider when trying to find the holy grail of 3-gun scopes.

Seriously, hope a NF 1-6x becomes a reality, They make some great stuff for long range and short range.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an inside track at NF and something even better is in the works in true 1x-?

There are three working prototypes in the field right now. I can not wait for it to hit the market. Bad news is...its at least 6 months out.

NF is working on something new, but it's not a true 1 power but a 1.5

I think that is going to be close enough, especially considering what the top end of the power is going to be.

March does have a true 1x10 though. Haven't got one in my hands yet but it shouldn't be long.

You mean you can actually tell the difference in .5 a power? ;)

What NF guy did you talk to that told you that? Was it at SHOT? A few of those guys actually get on line and can clear the air up for everyone, and if I knew who it was that told you that, I could get them in here. :cheers:

I have a Leupold 1.5x5, now sits on a non-game gun. The lack of tru 1x is just enough to make me a little dizzy up close when moving /shooting with both eyes open.

Need Meopta to release a Kdot in 1x6! For the same price, of course, as the current Kdot. :rolleyes:

Magnification is a double edged sword for three gun. I have seen more than a couple of folks get hosed when zooming to the high end of the magnification range by the lack of FOV. What they think they saved in the extra magnification gets completely ate up by the time they spend searching for the next target. Watched a couple even shoot at a target that wasn't there....YMMV

You mean you can actually tell the difference in .5 a power? ;)

What NF guy did you talk to that told you that? Was it at SHOT? A few of those guys actually get on line and can clear the air up for everyone, and if I knew who it was that told you that, I could get them in here. :cheers:

If the .5x in question is the difference from 1.0 -> 1.5x absolutely you can tell the difference and it matters. From 14x to 14.5x it wouldn't make much difference.

The reason that it makes a difference is that with the scope on 1.0x I am going to be shooting the gun with both eyes open and if what I seen in my dominate eye doesn't match what I see in the non-dominant eye it will not for me at least be quite as fast.

I went down this road with one of the IOR 1.1-4 scopes (which is a great scope) but even the roughly 10% magnification over 1x messed with my head.

That's why I use a Meopta KDot on my primary rifle and a weaver 1-3x on my backup.

If it were a true 1x I'd be all over this since NightForce glass + 6x at the top end would represent a useful improvement over the meopta.

Peter Adams

FY-39604

I cannot give the guys name because I was not supposed to say. He was at SHOT and he is from Georgia. I'm sure you know him. I did specifically ask if it was going to be a true 1x about 3 different times in our conversation and the answer was yes everytime. He told me there were 3 working prototypes in the field and that he actually saw one of them. 1.5-10 is not a big deal. But true 1x-10 is huge.

And yes.....True 1x vs 1.5x makes a huge difference in 3 gun inside 50 yards. Transitioning multiple targets is where the 1x is a huge benefit vs. 1.5x

It's not that the guys name is a secret, it's the product that is suppose to be kept under wraps, IE not discussing it on internet forums. They try not to let out spoilers about products that are in R&D because sometimes those products never come into fruition, or they may take longer than expected, and they don't want the phones blowing up about something that is not yet ready for release. I'd assume when BB told you about the scope, he forgot to mention they didn't want it on the internet yet. :cheers:

As to rather or not it is a true 1X, I guess we'll know when it is released.