Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Summer Colds

Jon Merricks

I really hate summer colds. Why are they so much worse than winter colds? Boy I'm really pissy when I'm sick too. I hate being pissy. I hate being sick. I hate taking med's. I hate being sick just before a big birthday bash for my two little girls. I hate being negative. OK something positive; at least it's not the flu.

Jon welcome to the world of the sickies.

I have the flu. It is shite. But I have a plan. Ignore it and do your best.

The draw backs are I have a screaming headache, terrible ringing in my ears and slightly blurred vision so I had to cancel my shooting yesterday. :angry:

All else fails I reccommend application (internally) of Single Malt Scotch Whisky.

My current favourite is Glen Ranoch and when that runs out White Heather, Isle of Jura, The Famous Grouse, GlenLivet, Glen Fiddich, Chivas Regal, Glen Moran, Cardhill, Taliska etc etc etc. :D:D:D

The only thing I hate more than a summer cold is a sinus infection. They have all the endearing qualities of a good cold, but also ruin your equilibrium and last a lot longer. I've had one that has stolen the month of August from me and I want all the August matches back darn it!

About a year ago, a serious cold rendered me practically useless. A naturopathic type recommended some natural remedies, one of which was grapefruit seed extract. For whatever reason I felt a real affinity for that stuff, so I've continued to take about 20 drops daily. I can't say why or for sure, but I really feel it helps boost the immune system - I've been rock solid since.

It's nasty tasting stuff - bitterorama. To kill the taste, it helps to mix it with some soy milk or the "Energy-C" vitamin C packets, which I also take a couple daily...

If you feel something coming on, or you need a "shock treatment," don't be afraid to bump up the dose. Try 15+ drops, 6 times a day. My friend, WFMFT, one of the most physically fit and nutritionally knowledgeable men on the planet, said when he feels something coming on, he puts enough in a glass to cover the bottom, then pours in some juice and shoots it down. Now that's a serious dosage.

Try at your own risk.

;)

Then there's the sinus-headache-turned-migraine-and-it's-90-degrees-outside. Gah!!!! Had one of THOSE on Monday...... :wacko::o:wacko:

I still haven't fully gotten over it (not to mention how mad I got over it.......!)

Got to agree, though... being sick in SUMMER is just plain cosmically WRONG. :angry::angry:

Talking about sickness and remedies:

I have been "solid rock" for 10 years in a row, I mean not even a cold, after I had done my conscription service (must have been all that macho talking with military guys)...

...then, all of a sudden, my young kid started to go to the kindergarten and voilà: me and my wife experienced 4 different flu (I mean 4 per each) during last winter/spring.

BE, would you recommend the grapefruit seed extract in this case too? Or do I have to quarantine my son every time he steps into the house? :lol: