Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder for 550

Thanks Guys. My 550 already is setup with the casefeeder. The advice that the cost of a KISS or GSI would be better spent upgrading to a 650 platform first is what I needed to know.

Matt, that bullet feeder is already in production and works well enough!

:wacko: You're killing me.

post-4907-1231689009_thumb.png

Honestly, if you're going to get a bullet feeder, and a case feeder for a 550. You really should just upgrade to the 650.

Got to love that... thanks for the laugh.

I'll be sure to give James a hard time at Statesville this coming weekend.

Has anyone ever tried to adapt a bullet feeder from a Lee Pro 1000 to a 550?

The LEE unit might possibly work, but I think that since it would need to be mounted somewhere next to the shellplate, it might become a real P.I.T.A. when manually indexing the plate. Might be too awkward or something...who knows?

Maybe someone will try it and report back to the forum.

If it worked OK, then all you would need is a collator to feed it.

Rick

I guess that I'm confused about how the lee bullet feeder attaches to the press. I thought that it basically hung off the top side of the seating die.

I just saw a video of the LEE unit and it appears that the feeder mount does attach to the seating die. I'd guess that the issue for the 550 would then be to see if the Dillon toolhead dimensions present any clearance problem for installing the LEE feeder mount. I'll bet someone on the forum has tried this and sooner or later you'll get your question answered. (I must have been actually visualizing the MA Systems unit...oh well DUH)