Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide racker or not?

Freddie the Swede

I like slide rackers for USPSA because of table starts and the fact that you have to recover quickly if you have a jam. In Steel Challenge I like to leave it off because it can get in the way. Plus, if you have a jam, you can still make up for it because of the one throw away format.

I'm looking at from modifications to the gun for each stage. Oh, a table start let me modify my gun so I can have a kickstand. Now your gun is not the same as it was the stage before. You just shot 2 different guns.

I'm properly looking to deep into this.

I love my slide racker. Kickstand for unloaded starts. My gun is a bear to get a grasp on the slide, it has several holes milled in the sides w/no serrations. Great clean look, must have a racker though!

I thought everybody had slide-rackers on their open guns. I also never thought removing it on all stgaes except the ones whre I need it propped. Mine is ball-detent retained and is easily removed. Maybe I'll try it without the racker just to see how she feels.

I might be too novice to make slide racker suggestions, but this plastic peg in the little hole on the side of the c-more works great for gun on table starts. No extra weight on the slide.

So the peg? who sells it?

Thanks Kevin

It came installed on my gun I bought used here in the classifieds. I think this might be it at "Speed Shooters International":

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=OLS1

I might be too novice to make slide racker suggestions, but this plastic peg in the little hole on the side of the c-more works great for gun on table starts. No extra weight on the slide.

So the peg? who sells it?

Thanks Kevin

It came installed on my gun I bought used here in the classifieds. I think this might be it at "Speed Shooters International":

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=OLS1

Yep, that's the one. Work great and never get in the way! Price is right too!